This section provides instructions for installing a Integration Service and Remote Cell on Microsoft Windows for the first time.
Before you begin
- Ensure that you do not install Integration Service on the same computer where you have installed the BMC TrueSight Infrastructure Management Server.
- Ensure that the computer on which you are installing the product adheres to the requirements described in the Preparing to install Infrastructure Management.
To install Integration Service and Remote Cell on Microsoft Windows
Access one of the following locations and download the Integration Service installation program:
- Save the TSIMAgent.zip file on your drive and extract its contents. Open the install.cmd file with the Run as administrator option.
- On the Welcome page, click Next.
- On the License Agreement page, select I agree to the terms of the license agreement, and click Next.
The preinstallation check utility verifies whether the computer meets the requirements for installing the Integration Service. If the preinstallation check fails, the errors or warnings are listed in the Notification page. In that case, ensure that you correct the issues, and restart the installation process.
A warning is displayed if the Microsoft .NET Framework is not installed on the computer. Install Microsoft .NET Framework version 3.0 by using the Role Management tool.
If you want to install an additional Integration Service, on the Existing Installed Instances Detected page, select Install a new instance of this application.
- On the Directory Selection page, retain the default directory (\Program Files\BMC Software\TSIMAgent), or select a directory of your choice, and click Next.
Do not install the product in a root directory (for example, C: or D: ), shared drive, or directly in the Documents and Settings folder.
On the Component selection page, select the components that you want to install, and click Next. The following table lists the components that you can install and the procedure to install and configure them:
Configuring the Integration Service
To configure the Integration Service, on the Integration Service Configuration Input page, provide the following details, and click Next:
- Integration Service Port—Port number for the Integration Service. The range is between 1024 and 65535. Ensure that the specified port is free.
- Staging Adapter Port—Port number of the staging adapter. The default port number is 3183. Ensure that the specified port is free.
Infrastructure Management Remote Cell
Configuring the Infrastructure Management Remote Cell
To configure the Infrastructure Management Remote Cell, perform the following tasks:
On the Configuring Remote Cellpage, provide the following details:
- If you want to configure the cell in a high availability mode, select Configure High Availability mode, select one of the following options, and provide the required details:
Integration Service and Infrastructure Management Remote Cell
Configuring the Integration Service and the Infrastructure Management Remote Cell
- Review the Installation Preview page, and click Install to start the installation.
- On the Installation Summary page, click View Log to view the log file, or click Done to exit the installation.
- If you modify the control port of a service explicitly through the pronet.conf file, the port number is not updated in the Add/Remove Programs applet and in the Agent Service display name field.
- Each Integration Service on a system runs in a separate Java Virtual Machine (JVM).
- You can check the version number of the Integration Service in the installationDirectory\Agent\pronto\bin\AGENT_VERSION file.
- To upgrade a BMC Event and Impact Management cell, see Migrating event management from BMC Event and Impact Management to Infrastructure Management.
- If you are monitoring the Integration Service for a process crash using the Microsoft Debug Diagnostics Tool (DebugDiag tool), BMC recommends that in the Services window, you stop and start the service, instead of restarting the service.
Where to go from here
Managing Integration Services
Configuring the Integration Service for extended security
Installing multiple Integration Services on a single computer (Microsoft Windows)
Verifying that the Integration Service is running
Installing Integration Service on Linux and Remote Cell on Linux, IBM AIX, or Solaris