Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
The following procedure explains how to install the TrueSight Infrastructure Management Server in disaster recovery mode on primary and recovery servers.
Before you begin
To install the Infrastructure Management in the disaster recovery mode
- Install the Infrastructure Management Server on a primary host to configure disaster recovery.
- On the Configuration Tasks screen, select Disaster Recovery Mode.
- On the Configuring Disaster Recovery screen, enter the valid Hostname Alias. The default alias is
For detailed information about the installation of the Infrastructure Management Server, see the following topics:
Register this primary Infrastructure Management Server with the Presentation Server.
Also, add Integration Services and PATROL Agents to the Infrastructure Management Server and observe the data collection.
Complete the following configurations to ensure automatic failover when any of the Infrastructure Management servers goes down. If these configurations are not completed, you need to manually restart the Presentation Server each time one of the Infrastructure Management servers goes down (indicated by the Initializing status on the Administration > Components page).
- Configure the primary and secondary server to use the same alias name on the DNS server.
- Configure DNS replication for both the primary and secondary servers.
- While registering Infrastructure Management with the Presentation Server, ensure that you specify the same alias name as the host name for both the primary and secondary servers.
- Stop the primary Infrastructure Management Server processes and take a backup of the installationDirectory/pw/ folder.
- Shutdown the primary windows host.
- Install the Infrastructure Management Server on a recovery host. Enter the same host name alias that you provided during the primary server installation.
- Stop the recovery Infrastructure Management Server processes and restore a backup of the installationDirectory/pw/ folder on the recovery windows host.
- Restart the TrueSight Presentation Server service.