Email alerts are not working
You are not receiving email alerts.
The email settings on your computer are not configured to receive alerts from administrator.
Review the email settings and configure your computer to receive email messages from administrator.
Required libraries for msend are missing for the Integration Service on Linux systems
The libraries required for
msend are missing.
This error occurs when required libraries for
msend are missing (for example, libstdc++.so.6 and libgcc_s.so.1).
To correct this issue, perform the following actions:
- Set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point to installationDirectory/pw/server/bin.
- To use LD_LIBRARY_PATH, set it as an environment variable.
$ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /usr/local/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
Cleaning up the operating system when the installation fails
If the installation fails, perform the following steps for cleaning up the operating system:
- Back up the ProductRegistry.xml file.
The file is located in the following directory, depending on your operating system:
- (Microsoft Windows) C:\Windows\
- (Linux) /opt/bmc/
- Run the uninstaller to uninstall the Infrastructure Management Server. If the uninstaller was not created due to failed install, perform the steps provided in Uninstaller not created.
- Remove the Infrastructure Management folder from the computer.
Uninstaller not created
If the uninstaller was not created due to failed install, perform the following steps depending on your operating system:
- (Microsoft Windows and Linux) Remove the entire directory where the Infrastructure Management Server server is installed.
- (Microsoft Windows) Remove the services that were deployed on the server.
- BMC TrueSight Infrastructure Management Server
- Publishing Server
- Integration Service
- Infrastructure Management Administration Manager
- Infrastructure Management Impact Manager
- BMC Event Adapters
- (Microsoft Windows) Remove the registry values using regedit.
- Search for registry entries created for bppm and remove them.
- Search for registry entries created for bmc software and remove them.
- Search for registry entries created for Infrastructure Management and remove them.
Search for registry entries created for IntegrationService and remove them.
Search for registry entries created for centraladmin and remove them.
Search for registry entries created for pns and remove them.
(Microsoft Windows and Linux) Remove the following environment variables:
(Microsoft Windows) Edit the PATH environment variable and remove the entries related to the Infrastructure Management Server and PERL, if any.
Apache service is not installed automatically in high availability (HA) mode
On a Windows Server 2012 computer, after a successful installation of BMC TrueSight Infrastructure Management Server in high availability mode, the Apache service is not installed automatically.
- On the primary server, open a command prompt.
- Go to the <installation directory>\pw\apache\bin\ directory and run the following command:
httpd.exe -k install -n "ProactiveNetApache"
The Apache service is created.
- Restart the BMC TrueSight Infrastructure Management Server.
Crontab entries are missing
On a SUSE Linux computer, installing or upgrading to Infrastructure Management Server displays the following warning message:
WARNING: The following crontab entry/entries is/are missing:
/usr/pw/pronto/bin/pw database archive
To resolve the issue, perform the following:
- Identify the Infrastructure Management Server crontab entries by using the
crontab -lcommand and check for all entries between the lines
- Open the command prompt.
- Access the <installDirectory>\pw\scripts folder and run the following command:
CreateCrontabEntries.sh solaris <Database>
Database> can be Oracle or Sybase.
CreateCrontabEntries.sh solaris Oracle
This script creates the required crontab entries automatically.
Host <hostname> is not an active hostname
If port 7 is blocked by firewall on the remote host, where the communicating component (Oracle, CMDB host, Presentation Server, etc) is installed, the TrueSight Infrastructure Management installer displays the error as
Host <hostname> is not an active hostname.
CMDB Host <hostname> is not an active hostname Or
To resolve this issue, perform any of the following:
- Open port 7 on the remote host
- If you cannot open port 7 due to security constraints, run the TrueSight Infrastructure Management installer with the following command line option:
Install.cmd -J SKIP_PING_VALIDATION_ERROR=true
Windows could not start the service
On a Windows computer, when you restart the Infrastructure Management Server, access services.msc to check whether the Infrastructure Management Server service is started. It might display the following warning message though the service is already started:
Windows could not start the BMC TrueSight Infrastructure Management service on Local computer.
You can ignore this message.
While installing the Infrastructure Management Server on Linux, the console displays an exception
On a Linux computer, when you install Infrastructure Management Server 10.5, the console displays the following exception:
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.ClassCastException: sun.awt.image.BufImgSurfaceData cannot be cast to sun.java2d.xr.XRSurfaceData
This exception is displayed due to a known JRE issue. You can ignore it.
Login to the Infrastructure Management Server from the remote administrator console fails when deployed on IPv6
While trying to log into the Infrastructure Management Server from the remote administrator console when both of them are deployed on IPv6, the console fails to login and displays the exception.
To resolve this issue, perform the following:
- Add the entry for the IP address or hostname of the Infrastructure Management Server host in the pw/custom/conf/pronet.conf file:
- Restart the Infrastructure Management Server.
- Restart the Presentation Server to resolve the ‘Initialization Error’ issue for the Infrastructure Management Server component.
Unable to delete uninstaller directory error message
During an upgrade of Infrastructure Management, the server install log returns a
Unable to delete uninstaller directory warning message. You can ignore this warning. CRE-1419
Installation does not proceed on Linux systems
The TrueSight Infrastructure Management Server installation on a Linux computer might not proceed because the jserver process does not start.
Add the following values in the /etc/security/limits.conf file:
<username> hard nofile 4096
<username> soft nofile 4096
<username> soft nproc unlimited