Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
Before you begin
Download the App Visibility agent for .NET feature pack or fix pack files from the Electronic Product Distribution site to a temporary directory on the agent computer.
You must have administrative privileges for the application server that will be monitored.
To apply the feature pack or fix pack to an App Visibility agent for .NET
- Copy and extract the files to a temporary directory on the target computer.
- To launch the wizard, double-click setup.exe.
When you run the setup.exe installation wizard on a system with a previous version of the product, the wizard automatically switches to upgrade mode.
On the welcome page, click Next.
- On the License Agreement page, read the agreement and select the I agree to the terms of the license agreement option, and then click Next.
If you do not agree to the terms of the license agreement, the upgrade process ends.
- To confirm that you want to upgrade, click Install.
The utility installs the current version with the same values as the earlier installation.
- If required services are running, such as IIS, click Next to confirm that the services will be stopped.
Services are restarted at the end of the upgrade process.
- After the upgrade is complete, click View Log to view the log files and confirm that the upgrade process was successful.
- Click Done to exit the installation wizard.
To silently apply the feature pack or fix pack to an App Visibility agent for .NET
Copy and extract the files to a directory on the target computer.
- Run the following command:
setup.exe -i silent -DOPTIONS_FILE=
The utility applies the feature pack or fix pack with the same connection values as the earlier installation.
Verifying the App Visibility agent for .NET after applying the feature pack or fix pack
You can verify that applying the feature pack or fix pack to the App Visibility agent for .NET was successful, and that the agent for .NET was invoked, by reviewing the log files created and updated during the process. For assistance with any issues that you cannot solve, contact Customer Support.
- Open the agentinstaller_install_log.txt file, located in the %temp% folder.
- In the log, verify whether any error messages were reported. If there are no error messages, the upgrade was successful.
- In the TrueSight console, select Administration > App Visibility Agents from the navigation pane and confirm that the agent is online.
Behavior of the agent and agent policy after applying the feature pack or fix pack
Applying the feature pack or fix pack to the App Visibility agent does not change the agent policy files. Agent policy files are changed with the App Visibility server, and they contain the new features for the agents. The agent for Java continues to use the same agent policy file as before you applied the feature pack or fix pack.
Where to go from here
If you applied the feature pack or fix pack to your App Visibility server, and you enabled high availability in the updated version, ensure that you
change the settings of the App Visibility agent
to connect to the portal's load balancing server.