This topic describes the basic concepts that used throughout the BMC HR Case Management documentation:
- Self-service user is a user of BMC MyIT Universal Client.
- End user is an HR service requester, or someone who requests service on behalf of a requester user. End users may or may not have access to BMC MyIT Universal Client, so they submit requests by phone or email.
- HR agent is any user who has access to BMC HR Case Management.
- Requests are records in BMC MyIT created by self-service users. Self-service users search for services, and submit requests.
- HR services are records in BMC MyIT Universal Client that are a part of an HR service Catalog. These records are based on BMC HR Case Management solutions.
- Cases are created in BMC HR Case Management console automatically based on requests from BMC MyIT, or manually by HR agents in BMC HR Case Management web console. HR agents can also apply solutions to resolve cases from employees (self-service users or users submitting requests by phone or email).
- Solutions are records in BMC HR Case Management containing information that can be used to resolve cases.