- Enter the following URL into your browser:
ip-address is the address of the virtual machine, which is displayed when you log in to the VMware console.
- Log in as the system user with the system user name and password. The initial values for BMC Atrium Discovery are:
- User name:
- If you are using the Community Edition, agree to the terms and conditions of the Community Edition license by selecting the I accept the Terms and Conditions of use check box. To review the license, click the Terms and Conditions link.
- Click Login.
- Change your password as follows:
- For Current password, enter the password that you used to log in.
- For New password, enter your new password.
- Enter your new password, and enter it again to verify it.
By default, the password that you enter must have at least one lowercase character, one uppercase character, one numeric character, and one special character. It must also contain a minimum of six characters.
You can change this requirement by configuring password policies. See Managing Security Policies in the BMC Atrium Discovery Configuration Guide.
Accessing Additional Documentation
To access the complete set of documentation in PDF format:
- Click the Help icon in the top right corner of the Home page.
- Click the Documentation link to see the list of available documents. The BMC Atrium Discovery documentation is also available in HTML format at BMC Atrium Discovery Product Documentation Suite.