To configure mail settings:
- Click Administration.
- From the Appliance section, click Configuration > Mail Settings.
- Select Mail Enabled.
- In From Address, enter the e-mail address used for sending e-mail.
- In SMTP Server, enter the details of the SMTP server.
- In SMTP Port, enter the SMTP port number.
- If the SMTP server requires authentication, select Required in the Authentication section. Then enter the user name and password for the SMTP server.
- Click Apply to save the changes.
If you configure the appliance mail server settings for an invalid mail server, using
mail.send() in a pattern introduces a delay of approximately three minutes while the appliance attempts to contact the SMTP server.