You can search for information in the BMC Discovery datastore by clicking the Search Options icon, which displays a menu where you can tailor your searches on all pages in BMC Discovery.
The following topics are covered in this section:
To run a basic infrastructure search
- In the Search Options menu, type the keyword or text string you want to search for.
- Choose Infrastructure from the menu.
- Choose Exact Match to search for an entire attribute, or choose Word Match to search for an entire word.
- (Optional) To view the data completeness issues for all items, select the Show Data Completeness check box.
- Click Search.
Summary details of infrastructure objects matching your criteria are listed.
- If your search returns too many matches, refine it by running an additional search on the items.
For more searching options, select Advanced Search from the Search box. For more information about searching, see Searching for data.