This section describes the BMC Discovery Pattern Management nodes. The way in which BMC Discovery behaves is driven by patterns which represent the products that are identified and how they are identified. All of that information is stored in the model in the Pattern Management nodes.
The default data model diagram, see The default data model, refers to the Pattern Management nodes as the 'Knowledge View'. Knowledge information is static information about software that exists in the world, rather than information about which instances of software are actually used in an environment. The majority of the knowledge information used in BMC Discovery comes from the Technology Knowledge Network (TKN); the rest is generated by customers to represent the in-house software they use. See Configipedia for more information.
- Pattern node describes the Pattern node kind.
- Pattern Module node describes the Pattern Module node kind.
- Knowledge Upload node describes the Knowledge Upload node kind.
- Rule Module node describes the Rule Module node kind.
- Pattern Configuration nodes describes the Pattern Configuration node kind.
- Pattern Definitions node describes the Pattern Definitions node kind.
- Pattern Define nodes describes the Pattern Define node kind.