discovery functions retrieve information from the RESTful API of discovery targets. They take positional arguments. They return
none if an error occurs in performing the discovery.
The discovery restful functions all support a generic protocol with no authentication, or the following authentication methods:
- HTTP basic authentication
- HTTP Digest authentication
- OAuth2 authentication
The OAuth2 authentication method used is a client credentials grant as described on the IETF Tools website.
For each of the authentication methods, the system searches for a credential of the appropriate type that is valid for the IP address of the target device. The credential types are:
- RESTful Web API with basic authentication
- RESTful Web API with digest authentication
- RESTful Web API with OAuth2 authentication
Adding these credential types is described in Adding device credentials.