The Administration page provides access to many commonly required setup operations. To access the Administration page, from the main menu, click the Administration Settings icon. View-only tabs are also provided, enabling you to view the current configuration of appliance identification, support information, software, hardware, network interfaces, and routing.
Common administration operations
The Administration page is divided into the following sections:
The Discovery section provides links to the configuration and management pages for Discovery. The available links are:
- Platforms—Configure the commands used for each target OS; described in Managing the discovery platform scripts.
- SNMP Devices—View the network devices which can be discovered by BMC Discovery; described in Viewing an SNMP managed device.
- Storage Devices—View the WBEM queries used to perform direct discovery of storage devices. See Storage device direct discovery.
- Sensitive Data Filters—Mask any sensitive data which might otherwise be seen in the command output. See Masking sensitive data.
- Discovery Configuration—Configure the Discovery process; described in Configuring discovery.
- Discovery Consolidation—Configure consolidation of discovery data between appliances; described in Consolidation.
- Ciscoworks Import—Import switch data from CiscoWorks; described in Importing network device data.
- Vault Manangement—Manage the Credential Vault; described in Managing the credential vault.
- Device Capture—Capture an SNMP device using BMC Discovery to dump the MIB of an SNMP agent, which is then used to request that support be included in BMC Discovery for that SNMP device; described in Capturing SNMP devices.
- Event sources—Automatically polls vCenter for vMotion events, and updates the model when VMs move. Enable event collection in Event Sources.
The Security section provides links for the pages used to configure the security of the appliance and users. The available links are:
- Users—Add, remove and modify users; described in Managing system users.
- Groups—Add, remove and modify groups; described in Managing groups.
- Security Policy—Configure the appliance security options; described in Managing security policies.
- HTTPS—Configure the HTTPS settings for the appliance; described in Configuring HTTPS settings.
- Appliance Certificates—View and manage the certificates that the appliance uses for authentication.
- LDAP—View information about integrating BMC Discovery with LDAP; described in Managing LDAP.
- Single Sign On—Integrate BMC Discovery with BMC Remdy Single Sign-On(Remedy SSO) to simplify the user authentication. BMC Discovery supports other methods of web authentication using plugins to authenticate user logins, though BMC Remedy SSO is the preferred method. BMC Atrium SSO will be deprecated from BMC Discovery 11.1.
- Active Sessions—View all users who are currently logged in; described in Viewing active sessions.
- Audit—Configure the appliance audit feature; described in Auditing the appliance.
The Application section provides links for the configuration pages for the appliance. The available links are:
The Model section provides links to the pages used to configure and maintain the model, and import and export data. The available links are: