This set of Release Notes pertains to version 10.0 of BMC Atrium Discovery and Dependency Mapping (BMC Atrium Discovery).
Important information about this release
BMC Atrium Discovery 10.0 is a major change from versions 9.0 and 8.3.x. You should be aware of the following changes which cause major behavioral changes in the product.
- Moving from BMC Atrium Discovery 8.3.x and 9.0 to version 10.0 is not the same as previous upgrades. While the upgrade is straightforward, there is an important decision to be made. You must read the Installation, migration, and upgrade overview to determine which path to take.
- Consolidation does not work between versions 8.3.x and 9.0 or 10.
- Some non-TKU patterns must be reviewed due to model changes. These are highlighted in the upgrade.
- Some custom reports must be reviewed due to model changes. These are highlighted in the upgrade.
- 32 bit kickstarts, virtual appliances, and upgrades are no longer provided. The migration tools provided will enable you to migrate to a 64 bit appliance.
- The Virtual Appliance is now supplied in OVF format. However, only VMware virtualization products are supported.
- Windows workstations are now excluded by default, even after an upgrade. You need to change an option to revert to the previous behavior.
BMC recommend you migrate rather than upgrade. Migrating is required, in version 9.0. Version 10.0 only provides an upgrade from version 9.0 running on RHEL 6.
|BMC Atrium Discovery version||Release date||Remarks|
|10.0||17 March 2014||For complete information about this release, see the features listed in the following section of this page.|
|10.0 Patch 2||13 May 2014|
This release resolves important defects and contains the Operating System upgrade that fixes a serious vulnerability in the
OpenSSL cryptographic software library, known as The Heartbleed bug.
|10.0 Patch 3||27 July 2014||This release resolves a single CMDB Synchronization related . If you do not use CMDB Synchronization you do not need to upgrade to this release.|
|10.0 Patch 4||16 April 2016||This release resolves two.|
|10.0 Patch 5||-|
This patch was not released.
|10.0 Patch 6||7 July 2016||This release resolves two defects and two security vulnerabilities.|
|10.0 Patch 7||22 June 2018||This release resolves a number of security vulnerabilities. You can only upgrade to this release, you cannot use this download for a fresh installation.|
These Release Notes detail the following information:
- New in this version
- Big Discovery
- Out of the box discovery capabilities
- Important information for users of BMC Atrium CMDB
- Documentation changes since release
- Limitations and restrictions of this version
- Defects resolved in this version
- Known defects in this version
- Installation, migration, and upgrade overview
- Model changes
- Changes to Discovery Commands
- Windows proxy compatibility matrix
- Appliance specification summary
- Changes to third party software license terms
- Package list - BMC Atrium Discovery 10.0
- Supported versions of BMC Atrium Discovery
- Licensing entitlement
- BMC Atrium Discovery copyright information
BMC Atrium Discovery OS and application software have been tested and found to be free from susceptibility to date/time issues which may occur as the result of the additional day in a leap year.