BMC Discovery Technology Knowledge Update 2017-Aug-1 is a deliverable for BMC Atrium Discovery 10.1, 10.2 and BMC Discovery 11.0, 11.1 series.
The Command/File Matrix file (covering ALL commands executed and ALL files retrieved by the patterns) has been enhanced and is now being shipped in the modern Microsoft Excel format of .xlsx rather than the older .xls.
From TKU August 2016 onwards, it is downloadable from Configipedia only. See below at the bottom.
The command/file matrix main documentation is accessible from the Got a Problem to Solve? page or directly from here.
CMDB Sync mapping update
For TKU August 2017 "syncmapping for Observed Communication should be more restrictive" issue (DRUD1-20910) was fixed. Now only synchronize Observed Communication relationships when both ends are in the same application model. For more information about the CDM mapping please visit the product documentation: Default CDM Mapping.
TKU 2017-Aug-1 is released in the following streams:
- Release compatible with BMC Atrium Discovery 10.x series
- Release compatible with BMC Discovery 11.x series
Customers can access this TKU release from the BMC Electronic Product Distribution Website. If you are a customer or partner and do not already have a login please contact your BMC account manager.
Check out this demo if you are unsure how to download from BMC EPD site.
The release comprises components packaged as such entities:
- BMC Discovery Technology Knowledge Update
- Core - Patterns that model various software products
- Extended Database discovery - Patterns that extend some of the core database patterns to obtain additional detailed information about certain databases
- Middleware discovery - Patterns that obtain detailed information about certain J2EE Application Servers and Web servers
- Network Device Integration Module with associated Network Device definition files, Printer definition files and SNMP Managed Device definition files
- System - Patterns that detect configuration issues and populate Discovery Conditions (Atrium Discovery 10.0.xx, Atrium Discovery 10.1.xx, Atrium Discovery 10.2.xx, BMC Discovery 11.0.xx, and BMC Discovery 11.1) as well as patterns used by the CMDB sync system
BMC Atrium Discovery Extended Data Pack, which is a separately licensable product.
- Hardware Reference Data - Patterns and data import CSV file that populate BMC Discovery with power and heat consumption figures for various hosts.
- National Vulnerability Database - A pattern that populates BMC Discovery with information about the CPE ID of each product, full details here
- Product Lifecycle - Patterns that populate BMC Discovery with information about End-of-Life, End-of-Support, and End-of-Extended-Support for versions of certain host Operating Systems as well as versions of certain software products
- BMC Discovery for Storage, which is a separately licensable product.
- Storage Systems: Patterns that model many Storage Systems. See the full list of currently supported storage devices here. Visit the Storage System Release Notes page to get details about what's new.
- Improvements on existing Storage patterns. See what we have fixed or improved in existing patterns in the Storage Systems Release Notes page.
Installation and Upgrade
- Atrium Discovery 10.1 series - Installation and upgrade instructions are provided here
- Atrium Discovery 10.2 series - Installation and upgrade instructions are provided here
- BMC Discovery 11.0 series - Installation and upgrade instructions are provided here
- BMC Discovery 11.1 series - Installation and upgrade instructions are provided here
|Clustering and Availability Software|
|IBM||IBM Sterling External Authentication Server||Secure Content and Threat Management|
|Y||Y||IBM Sterling External Authentication Server|
|Secure Content and Threat Management|
Enhanced Pattern Modules for Cluster Awareness in BMC Discovery 11.x series
BMC Discovery 11.0.x introduces a new extended cluster discovery.
Cluster Modeling approaches and Key changes:
- Clustering Platform that generate a Cluster Node. In most cases the Key does not change.
- Clustered Software. In previous releases, the SIs were modeled running on Host nodes. Now, if they are running on a cluster, they are modeled running on the Cluster node. That means that instances of these products that run on clusters have changed Keys. Instances that do not run on clusters do not have changed Keys.
- Software Performing Clustering - products that implement their own Clustering Scheme without using a Clustering Platform. In general, the SoftwareCluster is given the same Key that was previously given to the SoftwareInstance.
More about new clustering technologies and clustering models you may find here.
Enhanced Pattern Modules
For details of why the SI Key Change field is important please see this documentation.
SI Key Change
|DRDC1-9439||Oracle RDBMS||Fixed the issue with Oracle java process.||N|
|DRDC1-9444||BMC CONTROL-M||Fixed the issue when scanning process lasted for too long.||N|
|Progress OpenEdge RDBMS - Database Detail Pattern||Added support for Progress OpenEdge RDBMS on Windows.||N|
|F-Secure Anti-Virus||Added support for F-Secure Anti-Virus on Windows.||N|
|DRDC1-9049||Sun Java System Webserver||Added the library path to the pattern module Sun.JavaSystemWebserver.||N|
|DRDC1-9320||Xen Source Xen Domain Virtualization Software||Added support for the newer versions of XenSource 4.5 and later.||N|
|DRDC1-9106||Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise|
Symantec Veritas Cluster Server
Extended Veritas Cluster ClusterResource idetification for better linkage with clustered SIs like
Oracle, Listeners, Sybase and others;
Added file based method for ClusterResource idetification.
The following defects have been fixed in this BMC Discovery Technology Knowledge Update.
Problem: HPServiceGuard clusters are mixed up when they have the same name.
Problem: IBM Infosphere Big Match for Hadoop software instance gets discovered even when it does not exist.
Problem: MariaDB and Percona DB Have Wrong Publisher.
Problem: Discovery discrepancies for IBM WebSphere Virtual Enterprise.
Solution: Code fix.
Problem: Clustered SIs for Microsoft SQL Server are not shown as Clustered SIs.
Solution: Code fix.
|Microsoft Cluster Server|
The Command/File Matrix file (covering ALL commands executed and ALL files retrieved by the patterns) for TKU August 2017 can be downloaded from .