BMC Atrium Discovery Technology Knowledge Update 2015-Jul-1 is a deliverable for BMC Atrium Discovery 9.0, 10.0, 10.1, and 10.2 series.
TKU 2015-Jul-1 is released in the following streams:
- Release compatible with BMC Atrium Discovery 9.x series
- Release compatible with BMC Atrium Discovery 10.x series
Customers can access this TKU release from the BMC Electronic Product Distribution Website. If you are a customer or partner and do not already have a login please contact your BMC account manager.
Check out this demo if you are unsure how to download from BMC EPD site.
The release comprises components packaged as two entities:
- BMC Atrium Discovery Technology Knowledge Update
- Core - Patterns that model various software products
- Extended Database discovery - Patterns that extend some of the core database patterns to obtain additional detailed information about certain databases
- Middleware discovery - Patterns that obtain detailed information about certain J2EE Application Servers and Web servers
- Network Device Integration Module with associated Network Device definition files, Printer definition files and SNMP Managed Device definition files
- System - Patterns that detect configuration issues and populate Discovery Conditions (Atrium Discovery 9.0.xx , Atrium Discovery 10.0.xx, Atrium Discovery 10.1.xx, and Atrium Discovery 10.2.xx) as well as patterns used by the CMDB sync system
- BMC Atrium Discovery Extended Data Pack, which is a separately licensable product.
- Product Lifecycle - Patterns that populate Atrium Discovery with information about End-of-Life, End-of-Support, and End-of-Extended-Support for versions of certain host Operating Systems as well as versions of certain software products
- Hardware Reference Data - Patterns and data import CSV file that populate Atrium Discovery with power and heat consumption figures for various hosts.
Installation and Upgrade
- Atrium Discovery 9.0 series - Installation and upgrade instructions are provided here
- Atrium Discovery 10.0 series - Installation and upgrade instructions are provided here
- Atrium Discovery 10.1 series - Installation and upgrade instructions are provided here
- Atrium Discovery 10.2 series - Installation and upgrade instructions are provided here
A matrix covering ALL commands executed and ALL files retrieved by the patterns is available to our customers from the BMC Electronic Product Distribution Website. The filename is TKU_Command_File_Matrix-2015-07-1.xls
Network Intrusion Detection System
VMware vCloud Director
Virtual Machine Software
Nonrelational Database Management Systems
Basho Riak KV
Nonrelational Database Management Systems
|Objectivity||Objectivity/DB||Object Database Management Systems||Windows,Unix||Y||Y||ObjectivityDB Server|
|Pivotal||GemFire XD||Nonrelational Database Management Systems||Windows,Unix||Y||Y||Pivotal GemFire XD|
|Apache||Storm||Distributed Realtime Computation System||Unix||Y||Y||Apache Storm|
|Apache||Kafka||Distributed Log Service||Unix||Y||Y||Apache Kafka|
|NuoDB||NuoDB||Distributed Database Management System||Windows,Unix||Y||Y||NuoDB|
Enhanced Pattern Modules
SI Key Change
The pattern triggers on the HP OpenView Performance Agent Collector Program process.
Discovery of IBM Tivoli Monitoring Log File Agent.
The pattern triggers on active, path, and package versioning. The pattern adds parameters for Oracle database.
The pattern creates an instance-based Software Instance with the key based on the node name, SI type, product version, and the host key.
JBoss Application Server SIs are missing their Version information.
The pattern creates enhancement for Xen server version 6.5 which is seen as virtual.
The pattern adds a new SQL method for content database list extraction and affected patterns.
Symantec VERITAS Storage Foundation versioning.
The pattern enhances versioning of VMwareVM with use of the VMware player package.
Oracle Coherence SI pattern not collecting version info.
Oracle.OracleRDBMS_Options.OptionsQuery.InstalledOptions does not show enabled options
The pattern creates Oracle Entitlements Server pattern which applies only if application is installed on Tomcat.
The following defects have been fixed in this BMC Atrium Discovery Technology Knowledge Update.
Problem: HP Performance Insight product version is too detailed.
Problem: MQ Message Broker does not correctly link to Queue Manager.
Problem: BMC.RecoveryManager.BackupAndRecoveryPolicyManager has trigger that is too precise.
Problem: Netapp os_type is wrong.
Problem: Sybase ASE get_interface_path function appends sql.ini to interfaces_file_path when already present in interface_root.
Problem: When the db name has a space, it is being reported as two separate db's instead of one.
Problem: IBM WebSphere eXtreme Scale SI can have non-unique name.
Problem: IIS Website and IIS Web Application patterns repeatedly delete and recreate nodes.
Problem: Some MySQL Database Server SI's are missing SI Support Details containing the EOL/EOS/EOES information.
Solution: Code fix.
|Oracle MySQL Server|
Problem: Inadequate parsing of commands.
Solution: Better filtering of cluster name from 'haclus -list' command. Better parsing of cluster hosts from 'hasys -list' command. 'hasys -list' now run if /etc/llthosts fails to yield any cluster hosts
|Symantec VERITAS Cluster Server|
In this release the following patterns have the configuration block updated:
- The list is under construction.
Updating to this TKU will reset any custom configuration for these products to the default values.