BMC Atrium Discovery Technology Knowledge Update 2015-Dec-1 is a deliverable for BMC Atrium Discovery 10.0, 10.1, and 10.2 series.
Please note that BMC Atrium Discovery Technology Knowledge Update 2015-Nov-2 was the last deliverable for BMC Atrium Discovery 9.0
TKU 2015-Dec-1 is released in the following streams:
- Release compatible with BMC Atrium Discovery 10.x series
Customers can access this TKU release from the BMC Electronic Product Distribution Website. If you are a customer or partner and do not already have a login please contact your BMC account manager.
Check out this demo if you are unsure how to download from BMC EPD site.
The release comprises components packaged as two entities:
- BMC Atrium Discovery Technology Knowledge Update
- Core - Patterns that model various software products
- Extended Database discovery - Patterns that extend some of the core database patterns to obtain additional detailed information about certain databases
- Middleware discovery - Patterns that obtain detailed information about certain J2EE Application Servers and Web servers
- Network Device Integration Module with associated Network Device definition files, Printer definition files and SNMP Managed Device definition files
- System - Patterns that detect configuration issues and populate Discovery Conditions (Atrium Discovery 10.0.xx, Atrium Discovery 10.1.xx, and Atrium Discovery 10.2.xx) as well as patterns used by the CMDB sync system
- BMC Atrium Discovery Extended Data Pack, which is a separately licensable product.
- Product Lifecycle - Patterns that populate Atrium Discovery with information about End-of-Life, End-of-Support, and End-of-Extended-Support for versions of certain host Operating Systems as well as versions of certain software products
- Hardware Reference Data - Patterns and data import CSV file that populate Atrium Discovery with power and heat consumption figures for various hosts.
- BMC Atrium Discovery for Storage, which is a separately licensable product.
- Storage Systems: Patterns that model many Storage Systems. See the full list of currently supported storage devices here. Visit the Storage System Release Notes page to get details about what's new.
- Improvements on existing Storage patterns. See what we have fixed or improved in existing patterns in the Storage Systems Release Notes page.
Installation and Upgrade
- Atrium Discovery 10.0 series - Installation and upgrade instructions are provided here
- Atrium Discovery 10.1 series - Installation and upgrade instructions are provided here
- Atrium Discovery 10.2 series - Installation and upgrade instructions are provided here
A matrix covering ALL commands executed and ALL files retrieved by the patterns is available to our customers from the BMC Electronic Product Distribution Website. The filename is TKU_Command_File_Matrix-2015-12-1.xls
New Pattern Modules
Clustering and Availability Software
Virtual Machine Software
Oracle WebCenter Sites
Application Server Software Platforms
|IBM||IBM WebSphere Application Server Web Server Plug-ins||Application Server Software Platforms||Windows, Unix||Y||N||IBM WebSphere Application Server Web Server Plug-in|
|Citrix||Citrix XenDesktop||Virtual User Interface Software||Windows||Y||Y||Citrix XenDesktop/XenApp (FMA)|
|Citrix||Citrix EdgeSight for XenApp||Performance Management Software||Windows||Y||Y||Citrix EdgeSight for XenApp|
Enhanced Pattern Modules
SI Key Change
Support YAML based configuration for MongoDB was added
Added support for Application Server Web Server Plug-ins' PIPE Review: 525847
Version issue fixed
Pattern was fixed to handle all formats of the data source attribute
Oracle Coherence pattern enhancements
Pattern was updated to use "identify_host_with_uuid" function
RunCommand issue was fixed
Connection linking and candidate SI improvements.
LDAP relations were added
|DRDC1-4926||Fixed unprotected use of export in runCommand||N|
|DRDC1-4569||Red Hat MRG||Added support for Apache Qupid pattern||Y|
|DRDC1-5078||Oracle Database Installed Options||Added support for new option - Oracle Advanced Analytics||N|
The following defects have been fixed in this BMC Atrium Discovery Technology Knowledge Update.
Problem: BMC FootPrints Asset Core does not report the modern name of the product
Problem: Hosting node selection issue.
In this release no patterns have the configuration block updated.