BMC Atrium Discovery Technology Knowledge Update 2015-Aug-1 is a deliverable for BMC Atrium Discovery 9.0, 10.0, 10.1, and 10.2 series.
TKU 2015-Aug-1 is released in the following streams:
- Release compatible with BMC Atrium Discovery 9.x series
- Release compatible with BMC Atrium Discovery 10.x series
Customers can access this TKU release from the BMC Electronic Product Distribution Website. If you are a customer or partner and do not already have a login please contact your BMC account manager.
Check out this demo if you are unsure how to download from BMC EPD site.
The release comprises components packaged as two entities:
- BMC Atrium Discovery Technology Knowledge Update
- Core - Patterns that model various software products
- Extended Database discovery - Patterns that extend some of the core database patterns to obtain additional detailed information about certain databases
- Middleware discovery - Patterns that obtain detailed information about certain J2EE Application Servers and Web servers
- Network Device Integration Module with associated Network Device definition files, Printer definition files and SNMP Managed Device Definitions
- System - Patterns that detect configuration issues and populate Discovery Conditions (Atrium Discovery 9.0.xx , Atrium Discovery 10.0.xx, Atrium Discovery 10.1.xx, and Atrium Discovery 10.2.xx) as well as patterns used by the CMDB sync system
- BMC Atrium Discovery Extended Data Pack, which is a separately licensable product.
- Product Lifecycle - Patterns that populate Atrium Discovery with information about End-of-Life, End-of-Support, and End-of-Extended-Support for versions of certain host Operating Systems as well as versions of certain software products
- Hardware Reference Data - Patterns and data import CSV file that populate Atrium Discovery with power and heat consumption figures for various hosts.
- BMC Atrium Discovery for Storage, which is a separately licensable product.
- Storage Systems: Patterns that model various Storage Systems. See the full list of supported storage devices here. Note that there is no new content delivered in this release.
- Improvements on existing Storage patterns. See what we have fixed or improved in existing patterns in the Storage Systems Release Notes page.
Installation and Upgrade
- Atrium Discovery 9.0 series - Installation and upgrade instructions are provided here
- Atrium Discovery 10.0 series - Installation and upgrade instructions are provided here
- Atrium Discovery 10.1 series - Installation and upgrade instructions are provided here
- Atrium Discovery 10.2 series - Installation and upgrade instructions are provided here
A matrix covering ALL commands executed and ALL files retrieved by the patterns is available to our customers from the BMC Electronic Product Distribution Website. The filename is TKU_Command_File_Matrix-2015-08-1.xls
|Apache||Drill||SQL query engine||Unix||Y||Y||Apache Drill|
|Deep IS||Deep Engine||Information processing system||Unix||Y||Y||Deep Engine|
|BMC||TrueSight Operations Management||Server||Y||Y||BMC TrueSight Operations Management|
|Elastic||Elasticsearch||Search and Discovery||Unix||Y||Y||Elasticsearch|
|Terracotta||Terracotta Universal Messaging||Instant Communication Applications||Unix, Windows||Y||Y||Terracotta Universal Messaging|
|Clustrix||Clustrix DB||Relational Database Management Systems||Unix||Y||Y||ClustrixDB|
|MarkLogic||MarkLogic||Nonrelational Database Management System||Unix, Windows||Y||Y||MarkLogic|
|TIBCO||TIBCO Master Data Management||Data Integration and Access Software||Unix||Y||Y||TIBCO Master Data Management|
Enhanced Pattern Modules
SI Key Change
|QM001884577||Oracle WebLogic Server||WebLogic BEA_HOME extraction issue||N|
|QM001884573||Red Hat JBoss Application Server||RedHat.JBoss.ApplicationServer pattern is not assigning edition correctly||N|
|QM001883461||Symantec NetBackup PureDisk||SymantecNetBackupPureDisk.tpl package versionning does not work in certain cases||N|
|QM001885030||Oracle MySQL Server||The MySQL_AB.MySQL_RDBMS.DatabaseServer pattern isn't discovering some running instances of MySQL||N|
|TKU-4462||Apache Kafka||Apache Kafka in clustered mode||N|
|TKU-4640||BMC Control-M||Possible incorrect model for BMC Control-M||N|
|QM001883595||Red Hat JBoss Application Server||Detect the version of JBoss Application Server SI||N|
|QM001884735||CitrixXenApp||TKU enhancement request of pattern CitrixXenDomain in module Citrix.XenVM||N|
|QM001884848||Sybase ASE||ECA Error: Sybase.SybaseASE_Extended.DatabasesAndTables loopback interface in bind_address issue||N|
The following defects have been fixed in this BMC Atrium Discovery Technology Knowledge Update.
Problem: Nagios NRPE Agent is triggering on the Windows platform
Problem: Version number for Microsoft Systems Management Server Site Server cannot be extracted
|Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager|
Problem : Incorrect relationship creation in HP Diagnostics pattern
|QM001884046||Problem: Extended MS SQL Database Discovery Failing. The pattern was updated with edition extraction for version 2014 and reference tables|
Solution: Code fix.
Problem: Too restrictive trigger in Docker
Problem: Updated the pattern of Oracle Clusterware
In this release the following patterns have the configuration block updated:
- The list is under construction.
Updating to this TKU will reset any custom configuration for these products to the default values.