Technology Knowledge Update TKU 2021-Jan-1 contains the following additional product content for the BMC Discovery 11.3, 12.0 and 20.08. series:
Product content updates require appliance restart
When product content is added, the appliance is restarted as part of the update. You are given the opportunity to prevent the restart, though if you do so, none of the knowledge content will be installed.
For more information about Cloud Discovery, see Supported Cloud Providers.
The following feature were updated or introduced in Product Content 2021-Jan-1:
- Cloud: the Amazon Outpost is not supported. (DRDC1-12945).
- Cloud: Google Cloud (GCP) 'Operations' services have been added as Cloud Inventory patterns. (DRDC1-15902).
- Cloud: Google Cloud (GCP) Pub/Sub service is now supported (as Cloud Inventory pattern). (DRDC1-14051).
- Cloud: the concept of Global Region has been added to support the above RFEs. (DRDC1-15994).
- Container: KubernetesFunctions pattern has been enhanced to better discover Deployments. (DRDC1-16225).
- Storage Sync mapping: the Edge connectivity relationship between SAN Switches and StorageSystems or Hosts is now synchronised to the CMDB . (DRDC1-16155).
CMDB Sync mapping updates
The following three new CMDB Sync patterns were added to create the NetworkLink between the Network Device (SAN Switches) and HOST/Storage System nodes:
For more information, see CMDB Mapping page.
The following additional defects were resolved in Product Content 2021-Jan-1:
- Ubuntu Servers are discovered as "Discovered OS Type VMware vCenter Appliance". (DRDC1-16035).
- Incorrect PRIV command for HP-UX cstm has been fixed. (DRUD1-31509).
- CloudFoundry patterns now properly creates ObservedCommunication relationships. (DRDC1-15538).
- Same Subnet nodes with different scope are merged in BMC.ASSET by BMC_IPConnectivitySubnet RE rules issue has been fixed. (DRUD1-31410).
- os_build not pushed from Host to BMC_OperatingSystem BuildNumber issue is now fixed. (DRUD1-26197).
Changes to discovery commands
Discovery commands are unchanged in Product Content 2021-Jan-1.
There are no model changes in Product Content 2021-Jan-1.