Technology Knowledge Update TKU 2020-May-2 contains the following additional product content for the BMC Discovery 11.3 and 11.2 series:
Important Note for BMC Discovery for Multi-Cloud users
Please be aware that for the 2019 December TKU we enhanced the Cloud Regions model and Cloud Services are now segregated by account. As a result, the keys of all CloudRegion and CloudService nodes, and many contained nodes may change, even if you only discover a single account.
If you synchronize to CMDB, the identities of the corresponding CIs may also change. If you performing upgrade from 2019 November TKU or earlier to the current release you should be aware that the existing nodes are not deleted automatically. It is highly recommended to remove the old nodes created by previous TKU from the BMC Discovery model. You can achieve this by deleting the patterns that were deactivated by the patterns from the fresh TKU. And in order to remove the old CIs from the CMDB you should perform a re-synchronization.
Product content updates require appliance restart
When product content is added, the appliance is restarted as part of the update. You are given the opportunity to prevent the restart, though if you do so, none of the knowledge content will be installed.
- Added support for Google AI Platform. (DRDC1-14811)
- Added support for Amazon Certificate Manager. (DRDC1-14685)
- Added support for Amazon Config. (DRDC1-14684)
- Added the new region "asia-northeast3" (South Korea Seoul). (DRDC1-15015)
- Provided discovery support for Microsoft Azure UAE region. (DRDC1-14497)
- Now AmazonWebServices.VPC relate all associated CIDR blocks with the administrative collection created by the VPC. (DRDC1-15009)
- Provided deep discovery for the RedShift. (DRDC1-14388)
- Extended discovery of AWS Cloud SQS. (DRDC1-14683).
- Provided Session Authentication support in Discovery for AVI Networks Load Balancer. (DRDC1-12574)
- Added Bearer Authentication support for Control-M. (DRDC1-14410)
- Added new authentication method for Citrix Netscaler API request. (DRDC1-14413)
- Provided support for multiple IP4/IP6 CIDR (ranges). (DRDC1-15000)
- Removing tags call for AWS Cloudwatch (DRDC1-14997)
For more information about Cloud Discovery, see Supported Cloud Providers.
The following additional defects were resolved in Product Content 2020-May-2:
- Errors "ksh[n]: tw_report: not found" or "tw_report: command not found" are added to many of Discovered output results, mostly on Solaris boxes. (DRUD1-19342)
- Problems with HP IVMs (Integrity). (DRUD1-27042)
- Linux discovery targets with HBAs don't have HBAs detected. (DRUD1-16782)
- Clustered MSSQL SoftwareInstance is incorrectly reported in 2 CIs in CMDB (one BMC_SoftwareServer and one BMC_ApplicationSystem). (DRDC1-15077)
- Azzure Database cloud_class attribute is set to 'None None'. (DRDC1-14058)
- TKU model upgrade fails for AWS ScanRanges. (DRUD1-29601)
Changes to discovery commands
Discovery commands are unchanged in Product Content 2020-May-2.
There are no new module changes.