Technology Knowledge Update TKU 2020-Jan-1 contains the following additional product content for the BMC Discovery 11.3 and 11.2 series:
Important Note for BMC Discovery for Multi-Cloud users
- If you applied the Hotfix to resolve the performance issue in the AWS Role Switching feature that was introduced in TKU December 2019, you must remove the
aws.py" file supplied with the hotfix before applying the January 2020 TKU.
- As the tideway user, run the following command:
# rm -f /usr/tideway/python/discovery/cloud/providers/aws.py
- For all users of Multi-Cloud discovery please follow these steps:
- Install TKU January 2020.
- Rescan Cloud discovery targets.
- Delete Inactive patterns from the UI. This operation might take some time as it removes old data that is no longer required.
Product content updates require appliance restart
When product content is added, the appliance is restarted as part of the update. You are given the opportunity to prevent the restart, though if you do so, none of the knowledge content will be installed.
- Added support for the following AWS Inventory Resources:
2. Added support for the following Google Inventory Resources:
3. Added support for OpenStack Tags. (DRDC1-11567)
4. Decreased a number of new attributes which are added after node creation for GCP. (DRDC1-12381, DRDC1-14081)
5. Replaced model.rel.XXX with model.uniquerel.XXX for resources linked to CloudService node to avoid obsolete relationships. (DRUD1-28313)
More information about Cloud Discovery can be found here.
The following additional defects were resolved in Product Content 2020-Jan-1:
- AWS scans not correctly discovering after applying December TKU. (DRDC1-14433)
- Cloud Provider visualization slow and unusable for AWS with multiple accounts. (DRUD1-28393)
- Hosts are not linking to OpenStack VM's. (DRDC1-13463)
- AWS Athena API returns default workgroups in all regions. (DRDC1-14182)
Changes to discovery commands
Discovery commands are unchanged in Product Content 2020-Jan-1.
For the TKU Jan release the following model changes have been introduced:
- Taxonomy was updated to support new type attribute for ClusterMember nodes. (DRDC1-14272)
- Platform script was updated to support VMware vCenter Server Appliance OS discovered via ssh . (DRDC1-10250, DRDC1-12142)