Technology Knowledge Update TKU 2020-Aug-1 contains the following additional product content for the BMC Discovery 11.2, 11.3 and 12.0 series:
Product content updates require appliance restart
When product content is added, the appliance is restarted as part of the update. You are given the opportunity to prevent the restart, though if you do so, none of the knowledge content will be installed.
New features and enhancements
This release brings several new products to Discovery Cloud products: IBM Cloud with an ability to discover your cloud services running in IBM Cloud, and AWS Organizations. For details, please review the documentation and Jira tickets mentioned in the Feature updates section.
Important Note for BMC Discovery
If you use BMC Discovery 12.0 (20.02), you must install Patch 2 before you install the August TKU. More information on the patch is available here, Patch 2 for version 20.02.
- Added support for IBM Cloud (DRDC1-14163).
- Added new future AWS Organisations discovery and Amazon accounts discovery. (DRDC1-12383).
For more information about Cloud Discovery, see Supported Cloud Providers.
The following additional defects were resolved in Product Content 2020-Aug-1:
- CLOUD/GOOGLE: ECA error in TPL: GoogleCloudPlatform.DeploymentManager.LinkResources. (DRDC1-15551).
- ECA error while running Microsoft Azure discovery. The Discovery run is completed.inconsistent data returned from Azure side. (DRDC1-15412).
Changes to discovery commands
Discovery commands are unchanged in Product Content 2020-Aug-1.
- Taxonomy expression has been updated to calculate the number of File Systems related to the Storage pool node. (DRDC1-15355, DRDC1-15541)
- Taxonomy relationship has been updated between Storage Pool - Storage Volume to be optional. (DRDC1-15355, DRDC1-15541)
- Taxonomy has been updated to support AWS Organisations discovery. (DRDC1-12383)