Hitachi storage systems, except the G-Series, are discovered via Hitachi Command Suite management software. As part of routine discovery, when Hitachi Command Suite software is encountered, an SI is created to represent the software. The management software is interrogated to discover any storage entities that it is managing. Once discovered, the storage entities are modeled in BMC Atrium Discovery.
Note that the Hitachi G-Series storage systems are discovered via their embedded (or internal) SMI-S provider, not the external HiCommand SMI-S provider which does not fully support the G-Series. Visit the Hitachi G-Series Storage systems page for more information.
- Host credentials for the host on which the Hitachi Command Suite management software is running.
- User credentials for the Hitachi Command Suite. The user must be part of a “ViewGroup” for all systems attached to that management server.
The credentials should be entered as WBEM credentials for the management server’s address.
- Network access from ADDM to the system/management server.
It is assumed that the Hitachi Command Suite and Hitachi Device Manager agent are installed and configured. If this is not the case, documentation links for installation and configuration are provided below.
- Hitachi Adaptable Modular Storage 2000 family (AMS)
- Hitachi Universal Storage Platform (USP, USP-V/USP-VM)
- Hitachi Unified Storage (HUS)
- Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform (VSP)
Discovered Storage Information
Vendor Specific Information
No known vendor specific information.
- The Disk Drive Speed parameter is not currently reported.
- The Operation Status parameter is always set to OK even if the disk is in an Error state.
- RAID level is not reported for the External Pools.
- Known inconsistency between the number of mapped volumes reported by HiCommand and the pattern. The Hitachi Storage Systems pattern reports the accurate number of mapped volumes