- Discover with BMC Discovery
This product can be discovered by Enterprise version of BMC Discovery, but you can still Download our free Community Edition to discover [other products] !
- What is this?
- This is a product information page, containing details of the information that BMC Discovery gathers about a product and how it is obtained.
- Product Name
- Publisher Page
- Identity and Access Management
- TKU 2019-04-1
- Change History
- Flexera FLEXnet Publisher - Change History
- Reports & Attributes
- Flexera FLEXnet Publisher - Reports & Attributes
- Publisher Link
FLEXnet Publisher (formerly known as FLEXlm) is a common software license manager from Flexera Software which implements license management and is often used in corporate environments to provide floating licenses to multiple end users of computer software.
Computer software can be licensed in a variety of ways. A license to use a piece of software may be associated with a specific machine (in FLEXlm speak, node-locked), permitting it to only run on that machine (node in a network); alternatively, a company may buy a pool of floating licenses and these licenses may be allocated dynamically to machines, a license being checked-out when a user begins using the software on any given machine and checked-in when the user finishes using the software. FLEXlm supports both usage models.