EMC VNXe 3200 Storage Systems are discovered via an embedded SMI-S Provider. As part of routine discovery, when the SMI-S Provider is encountered, an storage device instance is modeled in BMC Discovery. The SMI-S Provider is interrogated using WBEM-based protocol requests to discover any storage entities that it is managing. Once discovered, the storage entities are modeled in BMC Discovery.
- Configure WBEM credentials for EMC VNXe:
- Go to EMC Unisphere web site https://<ip-adress-of-emc-vnxe>/
- Click Settings > More configuration > Manage Administration to view a list of Unisphere users/groups and their associated roles
- Click on Create, to create a user of type “Local User”
- Choose the “Operator” role for the user
Note that if the user is, for example, ”patrol”, the WBEM username must be Local/patrol or the WBEM connection will fail.
Network access on a WBEM port (5988 for http, 5989 for https) from the BMC Discovery server where the SMI-S Provider is running.
- EMC VNXe3200 series
Discovered Storage Information
Vendor Specific Information
No known vendor specific information.
No known limitations.