- Discover with BMC Discovery
This product can be discovered by Enterprise version of BMC Discovery, but you can still Download our free Community Edition to discover [other products] !
- What is this?
- This is a product information page, containing details of the information that BMC Discovery gathers about a product and how it is obtained.
- Product Name
- Publisher Page
- Apache Foundation
- Clustering and Availability Software
- TKU 2017-Mar-1
- Change History
- Apache Hadoop - Change History
- Reports & Attributes
- Apache Hadoop - Reports & Attributes
- Publisher Link
Apache Hadoop is an open-source software framework for storage and large scale processing of data-sets on clusters of commodity hardware. Hadoop is an Apache top-level project being built and used by a global community of contributors and users. It is licensed under the Apache License 2.0.
The Apache Hadoop framework is composed of the following modules :
- Hadoop Common - contains libraries and utilities needed by other Hadoop modules
- Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS) - a distributed file-system that stores data on the commodity machines, providing very high aggregate bandwidth across the cluster.
- Hadoop YARN - a resource-management platform responsible for managing compute resources in clusters and using them for scheduling of users' applications.
- Hadoop MapReduce - a programming model for large scale data processing.