Technology Knowledge Update TKU 2023-May-1
BMC Discovery Technology Knowledge Update 2023-May-1 is a deliverable for BMC Discovery 12.0, 20.08, 21.05, 21.3, 22.1, 22.2, and 23.1 series.
Using Outpost for TKU customers
BMC Discovery Outpost is released with the TKU monthly package, please check Outpost updates after each TKU release. For more information, see BMC Discovery Outpost system requirements.
Latest releases updates
You can find information about the latest TKU updates and essential notes in the Schedule and roadmap.
- Possible CMDB Sync impact due to new network device hardware components: The sync mapping may take longer after applying TKU in July 2022 for network devices as we are now discovering hardware components synced as BMC_HardwareSystemComponents CIs.
- TLS Certificate checking: BMC Discovery and the BMC Discovery Outpost check the TLS certificate against GCP. You can clear the check box to disable the TLS certificate and check if the certificate is invalid. In such a case, please be aware that a hacker attack could intercept your credentials.
TKU 2023-May-1 is compatible with the following streams: 23.1, 22.2 series, 22.1, 21.3, 21.05, 12.0, and 20.08 series.
Customers can access this TKU release from the BMC Electronic Product Distribution Website. If you are a customer or partner and do not already have a login, please contact your BMC account manager. Check out this guideline if you are unsure how to download it from the BMC EPD site.
The release comprises components packaged as such entities:
- BMC Discovery Technology Knowledge Update.
- Core—Patterns that model various software products.
- Extended Database discovery—Patterns that extend some core database patterns to obtain more detailed information about specific databases.
- Middleware discovery—Patterns that obtain detailed information about specific J2EE Application Servers and Web servers.
- Network Device Integration Module with associated Network Device definition files, Printer definition files, and SNMP managed devices definition files.
- System—Patterns detect configuration issues and populate Discovery Conditions BMC Discovery 23.1, BMC Discovery 12.0, BMC Discovery 20.08, BMC Discovery 21.05, BMC Discovery 21.3, BMC Discovery 22.1, and BMC Discovery 22.2, as well as patterns used by the CMDB sync system.
- Hardware Reference Data—Patterns and data import CSV file that populates BMC Discovery with power and heat consumption figures for various hosts.
- National Vulnerability Database—A pattern that populates BMC Discovery with information about the CPE ID of each product.
- Product Lifecycle—Patterns populate BMC Discovery with information about End-of-Life, End-of-Support, and End-of-Extended-Support for versions of specific host Operating Systems and interpretations of certain software products.
- BMC Discovery for Storage is a separately licensable product.
- Storage Systems—Patterns that model many Storage Systems.
- Storage System Release Notes provides the latest Storage updates and improvements to existing Storage patterns.
The Command/File Matrix file (covering all commands executed and files retrieved by the patterns) for TKU May 2023 is available here.
The following new products have been introduced within the scope of this release.
|Advanced Analytics Software
|Oxford Semantic Technologies
|Nonrelational Database Management Systems
|Oxford Semantic Technologies RDFox
|Relational Database Management Systems
|Event Management Tools
|IBM QRadar SIEM
The following RFEs have been introduced within the scope of this release.
SI Key Change
|Updated several patterns to stop execution if no Discovery Access is found.
|Enhanced the Apache Tomcat SI to display the correct path version.
|Enhanced the CMDB Sync mappings to include BusinessService to BusinessService dependencies.
|Metadata mappings and CMDB
|Enhanced capabilities for the Pacemaker pattern.
|Corosync Cluster Engine
|Added an alternate method to discover MongoDB SI version on Splunk servers.
|Enhanced the Oracle.OracleRDBMS to parsing files correctly.
|Provided an active versioning for CrowdStrike Falcon Sensor.
|CrowdStrike Falcon Sensor
|Enhanced several Discovery patterns to correctly identify the McAfee Agent Handler software.
|McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator
|Updated the IIS versioning.
|Microsoft Internet Information Services
|Updated the Jenkins pattern trigger condition.
|Added support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux x.x (Ootpa) OS type for Kubernetes API hosts.
|Enhanced versioning for Genesys Local Control Agent on Linux.
|Updated the sudo usage in ApacheBasedWebservers.ApacheBasedWebserver pattern.
|Apache HTTPD-based Webservers
Added EOL dates for etcd, SIs and Debian 11.
Enhanced NVD version for Juniper JunOS.
Added support for a new trigger java process for Dell Compellent Enterprise Manager CimServer SI.
|Dell Compellent Storage Discovered Information
Added package versioning for Cron Daemon.
|Scheduled Tasks Information
The following defects have been fixed in this BMC Discovery Technology Knowledge Update.
SI Key Change
Problem: Mulesoft can generate large .pq files on appliance.
Problem: Missing versions for Informix due to path having suffix after "informix".
Problem: ECA engine error "RuleError on rule tpl_Agent_body_4 due to: Error in action tpl.discovery.children.
Problem: Oracle WebLogic JDBCResource does not correctly get database name.
Problem: Missing versions for Informix.
Problem: Potential ECA error in AR Remedy pattern.
Problem: Disk drive model and vendor fields are populated with "sudo: unable to write log file".