Technology Knowledge Update TKU 2023-Aug-1
BMC Discovery Technology Knowledge Update 2023-Aug-1 is a deliverable for BMC Discovery 12.0, 20.08, 21.05, 21.3, 22.1, 22.2, and 23.1 series.
In this release, we are delivering:
- AWS: Added support for the Amazon Virtual Private Cloud gateways with components and relationships between them. For more details, see (DRDC1-13634) and the documentation here.
- OCI: Updated the Oracle Database pattern to discover service names associated with standalone and non-pluggable databases. CDB and PDB databases are now discovered. For more details, see (DRDC1-21196) and the documentation here.
- OPENSTACK: Fixed an issue with non-discovered load balancer services upon the first OpenStack scan. For more details, see (DRDC1-21552) and the documentation here.
- Added a VRF name for interfaces of the Cisco network devices. For more details, see (DRDC1-21389).
- Added VLAN IDs for interfaces on the Juniper EX and Cisco switches. For more information, see (DRDC1-21388).
- Enhanced Cisco ACI endpoints connectivity. For more details, see (DRDC1-21103).
- Added support for IBM Spectrum Control storage systems through IBM Spectrum Control. For more details, see (DRDC1-21160) and the documentation here.
- Added support for the discovery of Ceph storage systems directly as a storage device by using the Ceph API access. For more details, see (DRDC1-20802) and the documentation here.
- Added full support for the HPE StoreOnce storage device discovery. For more details, see (DRDC1-21493) and the documentation here.
- Enhanced the discovery of IBM DS8000 Storage Systems. For more details, see (DRDC1-21520) and the documentation here.
- Added support for the aging feature for the hosts discovered through the API provider. For more details, see (DRDC1-20380).
- Changed the keys for Cassandra Database and Cassandra Table to include a cluster key. For more details, see (DRDC1-21545) and the documentation here.
- Improved the performance of the Python pattern. For more details, see (here. ) and the documentation
Latest releases updates
You can find information about the latest TKU updates and essential notes in the Schedule and Roadmap.
- TLS Certificate checking: BMC Discovery and the BMC Discovery Outpost check the TLS certificate against GCP. You can clear the check box to disable the TLS certificate and check if the certificate is invalid. In such a case, be aware that a hacker attack could intercept your credentials.
TKU 2023-Aug-1 is compatible with the following streams: 12.0, 20.08, 21.05, 21.3, 22.1, 22.2, and 23.1 series.
Customers can access this TKU release from the . If you are a customer or partner without a login, contact your BMC account manager.
Learn how to download from the BMC EPD site from this guideline.
The release comprises components packaged as such entities:
- BMC Discovery Technology Knowledge Update.
- Core - Patterns that model various software products.
- Extended Database discovery - Patterns that extend some of the core database patterns to obtain additional detailed information about certain databases.
- Middleware discovery - Patterns that obtain detailed information about certain J2EE Application Servers and Web servers.
- Network Device Integration Module with associated Network Device definition files, Printer definition files, and SNMP managed devices definition files.
- System - Patterns that detect configuration issues and populate Discovery Conditions , , , , , , , as well as patterns used by the CMDB sync system.
- BMC Discovery Extended Data Pack 2023-Aug-1
- Hardware Reference Data - Patterns and data import CSV file that populates BMC Discovery with power and heat consumption figures for various hosts.
- National Vulnerability Database - A pattern that populates BMC Discovery with information about the CPE ID of each product.
- Product Lifecycle - Patterns that populate BMC Discovery with information about End-of-Life, End-of-Support, and End-of-Extended-Support for versions of specific host Operating Systems and interpretations of certain software products.
- BMC Discovery for Storage is a separately licensable product.
- Storage Systems - Patterns that model many Storage Systems.
- Storage System Release Notes provides the latest Storage updates and improvements to existing Storage patterns.
The Command/File Matrix file (covering all commands executed and files retrieved by the patterns) for TKU 2023-Aug-1 is available here.
We have no updates to report at this time.
The following new products have been introduced within the scope of this release.
|Process Automation Middleware
|IBM Enterprise Content Management System Monitor
|Financial Performance and Strategy Management Applications
|Redline InRush Ticker Plant
The following RFEs have been introduced within the scope of this release.
SI Key Change
|Updated the Apache Solr versioning.
|Enhanced the version discovery for the Apache Tomcat pattern.
|Added a HardwareContainer node to sEOLista.
|BMC Discovery Extended Data Pack 2023-Aug-1
|Updated EOL/EOS details for software instances.
|BMC Discovery Extended Data Pack 2023-Aug-1
|Improved active versioning for BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimization Agent.
|BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimization Agent
|Updated the Dynatrace pattern to use
runFutureActiveCommand in active versioning.
|Added the FlexNet Manager Suite Inventory Agent for Unix.
|Flexera FlexNet Manager Suite
|Updated the Genesys pattern to ensure the correctness of the SoftwareInstance version.
|Updated the Java Virtual Machine pattern to discover the Java publisher as SAP.
|Java Virtual Machine
|Updated the IBM InfoSphere Guardium S-TAP Agent pattern to use privilege execution for active versioning.
|IBM InfoSphere Guardium S-TAP Agent
|Updated the ITRS Geneos pattern to use privilege execution for active versioning.
|Updated the Memcached pattern to use
runFutureActiveCommand for active versioning.
|Updated the Microsoft SQL Server pattern to obtain the creation date by reading a file.
|Microsoft SQL Server
|Improved the performance of the Python pattern.
|Python Virtual Machine
Updated the Oracle Database pattern to discover service names associated to standalone and non-pluggable databases.
|Updated the Oracle.OracleRDBMS.DatabaseServer pattern to trigger on the
ORA_<sid>_SMON process for OpenVMS.
|Updated HPE OneView pattern to support REST API pagination.
|Supported Management Controllers
|Updated the Tripwire Enterprise pattern to set the
product_version attribute for three levels of versioning to provide correct EOL dates.
|Updated the version lookup table in the VMware Horizon pattern.
|Updated the VMware Virtual Machine pattern to discover the
|VMware Virtual Machine software
|Updated the VMware vSphere Tags pattern to model the tags collected from Directly Discovered Data nodes.
|VMware vSphere Tags
The following defects have been fixed in this BMC Discovery Technology Knowledge Update.
SI Key Change
Problem: Cassandra Database keys include host keys when clustered.
Problem: An incorrect WMI query for Citrix XenApp.
Problem: CMDB sync fails due to the empty value "" of the MarketVersion.
Solution: Code fix.
Problem: The IBM WebSphere Application Server Liberty Core pattern incorrectly sets the
Problem: The KubernetesFunctions.createClusterNodes pattern passes a list instead of a node to Imports.inferHost.
Problem: An ECA error due to the missing
Problem: Version lookup tables in the Puppet pattern are outdated.