The API returns the data and error codes:
- If the query is valid and successful, a block of CSV formatted text or XML is returned.
- If the query is valid but unsuccessful, that is, the datastore does not contain any matching data, an empty string is returned.
- If the query is empty, an error code of 1 is returned.
- If the CSV or XML formatter is not found, an error code of 2 is returned. If you receive this error, contact Customer Support.
- If there is a problem running the query an error code of 3 is returned. Check the syntax of the query by referring to Using the Query Language.
- If the login fails, an HTTP server response code of
401 (Unauthorised)is returned.
If the query takes longer to run than the appliance web server timeout, then no output is received by the script. By default, the timeout is four minutes. If you need to increase the appliance web server timeout, contact Customer Support.
You might also experience client-side timeouts. See No Client Timeout for further information.