You can install BMC Discovery using a DVD or a downloaded Open Virtualization Format (OVF) virtual machine.
Although the following options are provided in the OS installer, they are not supported by BMC Discovery:
- Encrypt disks option in the partitioning screens
- Advanced Storage options.
No OS customizations are supported on the appliance
The BMC Discovery software is delivered as an appliance model, virtual or physical, which includes the entire software stack from the OS and the BMC application software. The OS must not be treated for general purpose use, but rather as a tightly integrated part of the BMC Discovery solution. We reserve the right to withdraw support, and make no guarantees that future upgrades will be compatible or maintain any of those customizations. We may ask for customizations to be removed for testing purposes. In practice, we will try and provide support for issues that are unrelated to the OS layer.
Third party software
BMC Discovery is built as an appliance that is not intended to have any additional software installed on it. If you have an urgent business need to install additional software on the appliance, see the third party software support page.
- Installing from the Kickstart DVD
- Installing the virtual appliance
- Deploying BMC Discovery in the cloud
- Installing BMC Discovery Proxy Manager
- Performing optional configuration
- Release notes and notices
- BMC Discovery Licensing entitlement
- BMC Discovery 11.3 on CentOS 6 compared to previous versions
- BMC Discovery 11.3 on CentOS 7 compared to previous versions