Downloading TKU and OSU from EPD
This section provides the information that you need to search and download Technology Knowledge Updates (TKU), storage discovery TKU updates and Operation System Upgrades (OSU) from the BMC Electronic Product Distribution (EPD) website.
If you are entitled to BMC Discovery for Storage, it is a recommended best practice to keep the TKU and Storage updates at the same level. Remember to download both when planning to update the Knowledge in BMC Discovery.
To download TKU and OSU from the EPD website
Create a directory in which to place the downloaded files.
On Windows computers, ensure that the directory is only one level into the directory structure. The EPD package creates a directory in the temporary directory when you extract the files, and the directory that contains the installation image should not be in a directory deeper than two levels into the directory structure.
- Go to http://www.bmc.com/available/epd.html
- Enter your user ID and password, and click Submit.
- Click Download Product.
- On the Export Compliance and Access Terms page, provide the required information, agree to the terms of the agreements, and click Continue.
- If you are accessing this site for the first time, create an EPD profile on the Profiles tab; otherwise, skip to step 7:
- Under Localized Languages, select the language for the service pack.
- Under Install Platforms, select the platforms to download for the service pack.
- Click Save Profile.
- Verify that the correct profile is displayed for your download purpose, and select the Licensed Products tab.
- Find and select BMC Discovery from the list of available products.
- From the Version menu and the Platform menus, select the version and for which platform you want to download files.
- Open the Products tab.
- Select the check boxes next to the files and documents that you want to download.
- For the latest TKU, select the most recent BMC Discovery <version> Technology Knowledge Update (TKU) YYYY-MM-DD file.
- For the latest Storage TKU, select the most recent BMC Discovery <version> Technology Knowledge Update Storage (TKU) YYYY-MM-DD file.
- For the latest OS upgrade, select the latest BMC Discovery - OS Upgrade - RHEL X - XX bits - Month Day Year file. Ensure you select the proper RHEL version (RELH 5 or RELH 6) and the proper platform architecture (32-bit or 64-bit).
- To download the selected items, click Download (FTP) or Download Manager:
- Download (FTP) places the selected items in an FTP directory, and the credentials and FTP instructions are sent to you in an e-mail message.
- Download Manager enables you to download multiple files consecutively, and to resume an interrupted download if the connection drops.
This method requires a one-time installation of the AkamiNetSession Client program on the target computer and is usually the faster and more reliable way to transfer files. A checksum is used to verify file integrity automatically.