Viewing details of the IT infrastructure
From the main menu, select Explore > Data. The Infrastructure page opens. You can view a summary of the infrastructure items held in the system, the infrastructure items that are owned by you, and a number of infrastructure-related reports.
From any list of objects, you can drill down to display more detailed information (for example, to view the details of a host or a software instance and the relationships between objects).
The following topics are covered in this section:
To view a summary of infrastructure items
- From the main menu, select Explore > Data.
The Infrastructure page opens. This page lists the total number of each kind of infrastructure item in the system, as well as any infrastructure objects assigned to you. It also displays a list of infrastructure-related reports. For more information, see Reporting on the infrastructure.
- To view a list of infrastructure items, click any of the listed object kinds.
A list of the appropriate objects of the selected type is displayed.
To view details of an infrastructure item
- Display an infrastructure list page; for example:
- A list of your infrastructure objects.
- The results of any infrastructure search.
- Any infrastructure report.
- Click any highlighted object in the list to display the View Object page, which lists the attributes of the object and its relationships with other objects.
From this page, you can view any other related object, or you can delete the object.
Some attributes or relationships appear on the View Object page only if a value is set. If data has not been discovered, these fields are not listed.