Storage is discovered by BMC Discovery in one of the following ways:
- Via management software—BMC Discovery it creates an SI representing the management software.
- Directly, by using SNMP queries—BMC Discovery creates a StorageDevice node representing the discovered storage device.
These events trigger the appropriate storage patterns to discover the associated storage components, which are represented in the BMC Discovery UI and described in the following sections. (Also provided is a brief guide to some of the terminology used in storage.)
- Viewing a storage device
- Viewing a storage system
- Viewing a storage system group
- Viewing storage pools
- Viewing storage volumes
- Viewing storage processors
- Viewing storage connections
- Viewing disk drives
- Viewing front end FC ports
- Storage terminology
- Viewing storage volume mirrors