Appliance does not have an IP on eth0
BMC Discovery version 9.0 appliances require an IP address on eth0, either from a DHCP server, or as a static IP address. The following sections describe the troubleshooting steps that you must perform if the corresponding issues are reported:
eth0 is present but does not have an IP address
If an IP address on eth0 has not been configured, you must configure one by performing the following steps:
- Log in to the appliance as the netadmin user.
- From the Configure Network Interfaces menu, configure the eth0 IP address.
For more information, see The netadmin user.
eth1 has an IP address instead of eth0
If the network interface is changed, the NIC might be provisioned as eth1 rather than eth0, in which case you must perform the following steps:
- Log in to the appliance as the root user.
- Delete the /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistant-net.rules file. For example:
- For the NIC to be provisioned as eth0, reboot the system.