What's new in TPL
New in TPL 1.10/BMC Atrium Discovery 10.2
TPL version 1.10 is available with BMC Atrium Discovery 10.2. It is a minor update to TPL version 1.9.
New in TPL 1.9/BMC Atrium Discovery 10.1
TPL version 1.9 is available with BMC Atrium Discovery 10.1. It is a minor update to TPL version 1.8.
The following functions have been added:
New in TPL 1.8/BMC Atrium Discovery 10.0
TPL version 1.8 is available with BMC Atrium Discovery 10.0. It is a minor update to TPL version 1.7.
discovery.snmpGetTableto allow caller to distinguish binary data
binary.toHexStringto convert binary data to text.
New in TPL 1.7/BMC Atrium Discovery 9.0
TPL version 1.7 is available with BMC Atrium Discovery 9.0. It is a minor update to TPL version 1.6.
TPL 1.7 adds the following new features:
text.ordinalfunction. See Text functions.
New in TPL 1.6/BMC Atrium Discovery 8.3
TPL version 1.6 is available with BMC Atrium Discovery 8.3. It is a minor update to TPL version 1.5.
TPL 1.6 adds the following new features:
- Removal groups. See the following functions:
- A new
voidkeyword is added. Assigning this to an attribute in the model deletes the attributes. The statement
node['attribute_name'] := void;is the equivalent of
- String and list slicing
New in TPL 1.5/BMC Atrium Discovery 8.2
TPL version 1.5 is available with BMC Atrium Discovery 8.2. It is a minor update to TPL version 1.4.
TPL 1.5 adds the following new features:
- User defined functions. See User defined functions.
- You can now reference constants defined in a pattern from other patterns. See Constants.
- Version restrictions are now enforced according to the version specified in the pattern. Prior to TPL 1.5 the TPL version specified at the top of a pattern file was only checked against the supported version in BMC Atrium Discovery. Now functionality defined in a specific TPL version is available if that (or a later) version is specified in the pattern file.
New in TPL 1.4/BMC Atrium Discovery 8.1
TPL version 1.4 is available with BMC Atrium Discovery 8.1. It is a minor update to TPL version 1.3.
TPL 1.4 adds the following new features:
- Enumerations, this is described in Enumerations.
discovery.listRegistryfunction. See Discovery functions.
New in TPL 1.3/Tideway Foundation 7.3
TPL version 1.3 is available with Tideway Foundation 7.3. It is a minor update to TPL version 1.2.
TPL 1.3 adds a number of new features:
discovery.listDirectoryfunction. See Discovery functions.
New in TPL 1.2/Tideway Foundation 7.2
TPL version 1.2 is available with Tideway Foundation 7.2. It is a minor update to TPL version 1.1.
TPL 1.2 adds a number of new features:
configurationblocks allow end users to modify parameters without editing pattern text. See Pattern Configuration.
definitionsblocks support SQL Discovery (now Integration Points and Configuring database credentials. See Definitions.
- Model maintenance is made easier with the addition of unique relationship functions. See Unique relationships.
- Lookup tables can be created and manipulated inside patterns. See Table functions.
- New functions to manipulate dates and times are available. See Time functions.
New in TPL 1.1/Tideway Foundation 7.1
TPL version 1.1 is available with Tideway Foundation 7.1. It is a minor update to TPL version 1.0.
It has the following new features: