Storage is discovered by BMC Atrium Discovery either via management software, or directly using SNMP queries.
- Where BMC Atrium Discovery discovers storage via management software, it creates an SI representing the management software.
- Where BMC Atrium Discovery discovers storage directly using SNMP, it creates a StorageDevice node representing the discovered storage device.
These events trigger the appropriate storage patterns to discover the associated storage components which are represented in the BMC Atrium Discovery UI and described in the following pages. Also provided is a brief guide to some of the terminology used in storage:
- Viewing a storage device
- Viewing a storage system
- Viewing a storage system group
- Viewing storage pools
- Viewing storage volumes
- Viewing storage processors
- Viewing storage connections
- Viewing disk drives
- Viewing front end FC ports
- Storage terminology