Viewing details of the IT infrastructure
On the main page of the Infrastructure tab you can view a summary of the infrastructure items held in the system, the infrastructure items that are owned by you, as well as a number of infrastructure-related reports.
From any list of objects you can drill down to display more detailed information (for example, to view the details of a host or a software instance and the relationships between objects).
To view a summary of infrastructure items
- Click the Infrastructure tab in the primary navigation bar.
The Infrastructure page lists the total number of each kind of infrastructure item in the system, as well as any infrastructure objects assigned to you. It also displays a list of infrastructure-related reports. See Reporting on the infrastructure.
- To view a list of infrastructure items, click any of the listed object kinds.
A list of the appropriate objects of the selected type is displayed.
To view details of an infrastructure item
- Display an infrastructure list page, for example:
- A list of your infrastructure objects.
- The results of any infrastructure search.
- Any infrastructure report.
- Click any highlighted object in the list to display the View Object page, which lists the attributes of the object and its relationships with other objects.
From this page you can view any other related object or delete the object.
Some attributes or relationships only appear on the View Object page if a value is set. If data has not been discovered, these fields are not listed.