If you encounter a problem
If you encounter a problem while using BMC Atrium Discovery:
- Read the Release Notes for this release. Your problem might be a known issue.
If you still cannot solve the problem, log into the Customer Portal on the BMC website. http://www.bmc.com/support
We will investigate your issue and get back to you as soon as possible. We will record details in our defect tracking system and allocate a customer case number.
Viewing information about the appliance
In the case of a problem, you might need to provide details of your appliance to Customer Support.
To view appliance information
From the Appliance section of the Administration tab, select Appliance Configuration. The Identification tab of the Appliance Configuration page is displayed.
The fields are described in the Table below.
The name of the appliance. By default this is Discovery_Appliance. This name is displayed at the top-left-side of the BMC Atrium Discovery User Interface and in the title bar of the browser.
The appliance ID.
The email address of the appliance administrator.
The email address of Customer Support.
A free-text description of the appliance.
The serial number allocated to the appliance. This uniquely identifies the appliance.
The date that the appliance was commissioned.
Kickstart is a system configuration program. When an appliance is kickstarted the version of the kickstart configuration file used during installation is displayed in this field.
The BMC Atrium Discovery software version of the appliance.
The RPM (Red Hat Package Manager) version for the appliance.
To view logs
- From the Appliance section of the Administration tab, select Logs.
- Select the Log files tab (by default, the Log files tab is displayed).
- A list of all the available logs is displayed on the Appliance Logs page.
- Click the Watch link next to any log to view the log in detail.
The logs are described in Contents of the logs.
To view session logs
You can show or hide session logs for individual hosts from the Host view window.
- From the Summary section on the Infrastructure page, click Hosts.
- Select a host from the list. The host's details are displayed.
- Click the Session Logs icon on the dynamic menu. The dynamic drop-down is displayed with a list of session logs for this host. Session logs (and therefore the icon) will only exist if Session Logging was enabled in the credential when the host was scanned.
- Click the Session Logs link to show the list of session logs for that host.
The Session Logs icon is not displayed if there are no logs associated with the host you have selected.
- Select a session log to view and click it. The session log is displayed.