Main reports page
Select the Reports section from the primary navigation bar to display the groups of reports. Some of these reports can also be viewed from the main Applications and Infrastructure pages.
To run a report
- From the Reports section, click the report you want to run. Alternatively, the main Application, Infrastructure and Policy pages display the most commonly used reports applicable to these sections.
Some reports are run immediately. For those that can be configured, a page is displayed enabling you to specify the items you want to report on.
- Choose the data you want to report on by specifying the parameter fields.
- The search is not case-sensitive.
- Where a drop-down list is provided, you can select a specific value or where available you can choose All to match all values.
- For dates, you can choose a day and month from drop-down lists and enter a year (in yyyy format). You can also specify a time (hours and minutes).
- Click Run.
The results are summarized in the form of a list object page. For information about list object pages and the charting and filtering tools available, see Viewing summary list pages.
The reports are categorized according to the following list. Click a category to see a list and description of the reports:
- Operational Integrity reports
- Change Control reports
- Software reports
- Data Centre Standardization charts
- Atrium Discovery Deployment reports
- Data Centre Standardization Software reports
- Data Centre Standardization reports
- Host Resiliency - Services reports
- Host Resiliency - Kernel reports
- The returned list displays selected attributes and relationships of each object. Click an item in the list to access the View Object page which displays all of an object's relationships and attributes.
- You can export a report in CSV format.
To run reports on nodes
Where reports list nodes, each node has a check box next to it. You can select and deselect individual or multiple nodes of this type using these check boxes. There is also a select all check box in the heading row which enables you to select all nodes in the report.
The select all check box selects all nodes on all pages of the report.
To use chart reports
There are a number of functions available when viewing chart reports.
To view details of a chart
When viewing a chart, you can drill down into any part of that chart to see the details for that particular section. For example, the Host Vendor Distribution report, see Host Vendor Distribution.
- From the Data Centre Standardization Charts section on the Reports page, click the Host Vendor Distribution report.
From the pie chart view you can change the chart type. To do this, click the change chart type link displayed beneath the chart. Available chart types are:
- Pie Chart
- Horizontal Bar Chart
- Vertical Bar Chart
- Choose the data slice, or bar if you are viewing a bar chart, that you want to view in detail and click that area of the chart to view the details for that area.
From the details view you can choose to view specific information from the list of available data.
To print a chart report
When viewing a pie chart or a bar chart, you can print that report.
- Select a report and right-click the chart.
- Click Print Chart.
To rotate a pie chart
When viewing a pie chart, you can rotate the angle of the pie chart and the annotations for each data slice.
- Select a pie chart and right-click the chart.
- Click Enable Rotation and drag your mouse in a circular motion until the chart is displayed in the required position.
To view slices of a pie chart
When viewing a pie chart, you can also enable a slice of data to move away from the pie chart in order to highlight that section of data.
- Select a pie chart and right-click the chart.
- Click Enable Slicing Movement and click the section of data that you want to highlight (as illustrated in the following screen).
- Click the slice again to return it to the original pie chart position.
To download report usage analysis
You can download information containing details on report usage in your environment. The information enables you to view and analyze which reports have been run and how often. This function can help you to identify the most and least valuable reports used in your network over time.
- Click the Support Services link in the Appliance section of the Administration page.
- Select the Reports Usage check box in the Miscellaneous Files section.
- In the Create Archive section of the page, specify a name for your usage report in the Name row, such as August 2011 Reports.
You can also add a description in the Description row.
- Click * Gather*.
You can select the check box corresponding to any gathered data file and delete that file by clicking Delete. You can also see a read-only summary of each file by clicking View in the Summary column.
To download the report, click the corresponding link in the Name column.
The output for this example is as follows:
The report is divided into three areas:
- Report Counter
- Context Report Counter
- Chart Counter
For each one there is a unique ID. The report is downloaded in the form of a text file.