This is the home page for BMC Atrium Discovery and Dependency Mapping (BMC Atrium Discovery) 10.1 documentation. The documentation is divided into the following sections:
- Release notes and notices — Accompany each product release and provide details of new features introduced in that release as well as known issues/workarounds. For information on between-release updates or EFix releases, see the readme file that is provided with the update.
- Getting started — Provides an introduction to BMC Atrium Discovery. It is intended for any staff who are unfamiliar with BMC Atrium Discovery.
- Security — Provides an overview of the security aspects of BMC Atrium Discovery.
- Planning — Provides information that will be useful when planning a BMC Atrium Discovery deployment.
- Installing — Provides detailed pre-requisites and procedures for installing BMC Atrium Discovery on hardware and virtual machines.
- Upgrading — Provides detailed pre-requisites and procedures for upgrading BMC Atrium Discovery.
- Using — Describes the day to day use of the product. It is intended for IT operations staff and managers who are using and managing BMC Atrium Discovery, including viewing, creating, exporting, searching, and reporting on data from an infrastructure or a business perspective. Information on the Using the Search and Reporting service is also provided.
- Integrating — Describes integrating other products with BMC Atrium Discovery.
- Administering — Describes how to set up and configure the product. It is intended for IT operations staff who are responsible for setting up, managing and configuring BMC Atrium Discovery and any associated Windows proxies. It describes options on the BMC Atrium Discovery user interface that are only available to users with administration privileges as well as command line access to certain parts of the product which are not accessible through the UI.
- Developing — Provides information on the Pattern Language (TPL) which is used to describe applications, products and other real-world entities that have been modeled in BMC Atrium Discovery. Also contains information to help you understand the BMC Atrium Discovery and Dependency Mapping (BMC Atrium Discovery) node lifecycle.
- Troubleshooting — Provides information on possible problems that you might encounter, troubleshooting and debugging tips, and how to collect data that Customer Support might need to solve problems.
Moving from BMC Atrium Discovery 8.3.x to version 9.0 and later is not the same as previous upgrades. You must read the Installation, migration, and upgrade overview before you can determine which path to take.
You can download a PDF version of the entire BMC Atrium Discovery documentation set.
Be aware that the PDF document is simply a snapshot and will be outdated should updates occur on the wiki. The PDF file is generated from the wiki on each request so it may take some time before the download dialog is displayed.