BMC Atrium Discovery
BMC Atrium Discovery and Dependency Mapping is a data center discovery solution that automatically discovers data center inventory, configuration and relationship data, and maps applications to the IT infrastructure. BMC Atrium Discovery establishes the foundation for improving IT processes and productivity by providing timely and actionable insight to make informed decisions in IT service management, asset management and infrastructure/operations management. Benefits include reducing the number of incidents caused by change, reducing the time taken to isolate the root cause, reducing the time taken to prepare for audits, preventing audit penalties, prioritizing incidents based on business impact, and optimizing data center hardware and software.
- Find It — Guarantee data accuracy and reduce costs to collect data center inventory, configuration and relationship data via an automated discovery process.
- Manage It –- Leverage rich data to improve IT processes and productivity by replacing guesswork with data-driven decisions.
- Optimize It –- Add business context to IT management processes by understanding how the data center infrastructure supports business applications.
Virtual Appliance with Agentless Discovery
Usable information within hours:
- BMC Atrium Discovery is available as a ready-to run appliance. Deployment takes literally minutes – there is no installation process to run through, no external database to install and configure, no specific configuration and operating system requirements to satisfy. This allows you to get up and running very quickly.
- With an agentless approach there is no software to roll out to servers; therefore it is the best solution that achieves a balance between discovery depth, impact to the infrastructure, and administration overhead.
Data accuracy you can verify and trust. For an automated discovery tool to be trusted and accepted by the user community, it must provide transparency into how the data was obtained. BMC Atrium Discovery’s Provenance feature shows the actual command that was executed, the output of the command, and the timestamp when it happened. There’s no searching through log files – all this information is available right in the UI.
Provenance provides indisputable evidence why this data can be trusted and thus speeds adoption of the data into IT processes.
Broad Pattern Library; Simple to Extend
Tailor the discovery process to fit your organization.
The BMC Atrium Discovery library includes over 650 patterns for industry leading software such as Oracle, SAP, IBM, HP, VMware, Hadoop, Citrix and more. New patterns are added monthly.
With BMC Atrium Discovery, it’s easy to fine-tune and extend the discovery process to meet the needs of your organization. Discover additional attributes, custom software, uncommon SNMP devices and more. Simply modify a discovery pattern or use one of the supplied pattern templates. All patterns are text-based and extending a pattern is as easy as modifying a script or batch file.
The following diagram illustrates the relationships between the different parts of the BMC Atrium Discovery system:
Log in or register to comment.