Viewing details of business applications
The Applications page of BMC Atrium Discovery enables you to view and search details of your business software, including information about the software applications that are actually running on your system. The Applications page includes Business Application Instances (BAIs). Like Software Instances, BAIs are determined by patterns.
For more information about this page and data model functionality in BMC Atrium Discovery, see the Data Model.
On the main page of the Applications tab you can view a summary of:
- All the application items held in the system
- A number of application-related reports
From any list of objects you can drill down to display more detailed information (for example, the details of a Host or a Software Instance and the relationships between objects).
Viewing a summary of the business applications items
To view a summary of business application items, click the Applications tab in the Primary Navigation Bar.
The Applications page displays the total number of application instances in the system, provides an application mapping channel, and displays a list of application-related reports. See Application reports.
Viewing a list of business items
To view a list of business items, click the Application Instances link.
Viewing an application in detail
To view an application in detail:
- Display an application list page, for example:
- The results of any search displaying applications.
- Any report listing applications.
- Click any Business Application in the list to display the View Object page, which lists all the Attributes of the object and its relationships with other objects.
- View any other related object, or delete the object.
Some attributes or relationships appear on the View Object page only if a data value has been set.
Creating a manual group for application mapping
The Application Mapping channel enables you to create a manual group to use in application mapping and provides a list of links to existing manual groups.
To create a manual group
- Enter the name of the new group in the Create group for mapping field. The period (.) and double quote (") symbols cannot be used in a group name.
- Click Create.
The Home Page for the new empty group is displayed.
To add a subgroup to a group
- Select the nodes to add to the new subgroup. You can use the select tools to help with this: (Select: All | None | Invert).
- Click the Actions button to display the Actions menu, and select the Manual Groups item.
- If the required parent group already exists, click the entry in the displayed list to enter its name in the Group field (or enter the name of the group manually). Once the name is entered, the non-matching groups are removed from the displayed list and the Subgroup entry field is enabled. If the parent group does not already exist, create it by entering a name in the Group field.
- Enter the name of the subgroup into the Subgroup entry field.
- Click Create.
You can add an empty subgroup from the home page for the group.
To view a Group page
To view a Group page, click the name of the group in the group list.
The Home Page for the group displays the Application Mapping tab.