Documentation changes since release
The PDF documentation shipped with BMC Atrium Discovery is not updated after release. The online documentation, including these Release Notes is updated as required. This section outlines any significant changes to the online documentation that you should be aware of.
New operational warning
A new operational warning has been added stating that datastore files must not be moved to a remote filesystem. This is not a supported configuration.
Additions or enhancements to the documentation
The following sections or pages have been added to the documentation:
- Supported printers: This page lists the supported printers at the time of release of BMC Atrium Discovery version 8.3.
- Printer Node: This page describes the inferred node which represents discovered printers.
- Appliance specification: This page provides the recommended specification for the Dell PowerEdge R710 server running BMC Atrium Discovery in production.
- Introduction to collaborative application mapping: This page has been improved to help you more easily navigate through the video demonstrations included in the documentation. Graphical captions and numbered videos that match those found on the Applications tab of the user interface help you link directly to the page that contains the corresponding demonstration.
- Network device scanning limitation
- Understanding security audits: This page describes the results you may receive when running security audits against the appliance. It helps you to identify false positives from such audits.
- Configuring a bonded NIC: This page describes how you can configure a hardware appliance to use a bonded NIC.
- Discovering VMware ESX and ESXi hosts: This page now contains a Discovered versions section.
- Operating system upgrades are now provided every month independent of BMC Atrium Discovery releases.
- Where an upgrade makes changes to syncmapping files, the initial CMDB syncs after upgrade may cause longer reconciliation times. This also applies to activating a TKU which makes changes to syncmapping files.
- Adding static routes: This new page describes when and how to add static routes to the BMC Atrium Discovery server.
Removed from the documentation
The following sections or pages have been removed from the documentation:
- A note has been removed from the CMDB synchronization page. The note incorrectly stated that a custom pattern was required when using the Company drop-down. This is not the case.