The deployment prerequisites are listed below in a suggested sequence. Completing all of these should result in a successful deployment.
- Appliance Installation – describes the information required by BMC and provides specification information for physical and virtual appliances.
- Security – overview of the security aspects of BMC Atrium Discovery.
- Windows proxy deployment – describes the requirements for a Windows proxy deployment.
- Credential Deployment - UNIX – describes the requirements for UNIX credential deployment.
- Credential Deployment - Windows – describes the requirements for Windows credential deployment.
- Credential Deployment - SNMP – describes the requirements for SNMP credential deployment.
- Identify Target Environment – requests identification of the subnets and IP addresses to be scanned, and those to be excluded.
- Approval to Perform Discovery – suggests the functional area from which scanning approval should be sought.
- Access – details that methods of access that the BMC Atrium Discovery administrator will require.
- Network Management (Ciscoworks) data – describes importing CiscoWorks data.
- Service Transition – suggests training which may be appropriate for staff after the deployment has completed.
Was this page helpful? Yes No Submitting... Thank you