Installing the Smart IT and BMC MyIT on a single server
This topic provides the following information:
The following video (4:21) demonstrates the procedures to install the Smart IT and BMC MyIT User Experience Patch and install Smart IT and BMC MyIT on a single server:
To install Smart IT and BMC MyIT on a single server
- Unzip the suite installer (for example, MyIT_3.2.00.windows.zip or MyIT_3.2.00.Linux.tar.gz).
- Navigate to the Disk 1 folder.
- Start the installer:
- For Windows, run setup.exe.
For UNIX, run setup.bin.
NoteFor UNIX, you must run the installer as root or with super-user permissions. You can then assign administrator permissions to the non-root user during installation.
- On the Welcome panel, click Next.
- Review the license agreement, click I agree to the terms of license agreement, and then click Next.
- Enter the values from the planning worksheet for the features that you want to install. See, Smart IT and MyIT installation worksheets.
After you have entered the required information, the installer validates your input. The Installation Preview panel then appears, listing the product and features that will be installed.
- Click Next.
After post-installation cleanup, a summary of the installation appears.
- Click View Log to review any SEVERE error messages or warnings in the product installer log.
See whether errors are due to network, host, or other environment-related issues. You can view a log file of the installation:
- C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\arsystem_install_log.txt (Windows)
- /tmp/myit_smartit_install_log.txt (UNIX or Linux)
- When you are finished reviewing the log, close it.
- Click Done to exit the installer.