Configuring the BMC AppZone integration
After you have installed BMC MyIT, you can configure the integration with BMC AppZone so that users can use it to request software and hardware.
Before you begin
- Purchase BMC AppZone to use with BMC MyIT.
Expose BMC MyIT externally (beyond your firewall).
Because BMC AppZone is a cloud-based solution, BMC MyIT must be exposed externally so that BMC AppZone and the BMC MyIT server can communicate with one another.
Contact Customer Support to have your store enabled for BMC MyIT integration. See Support information.
To obtain the URL, token, and secret information values
You must have the values for the following properties to configure the BMC AppZone integration:
- The base URL of your BMC AppZone environment, such as my.enterpriseappzone.com.
- The location of your BMC AppZone store, such as calbro-co-preprod.
- The unique token for your BMC AppZone store.
- The shared secret information for your BMC AppZone store.
To find the token and secret information
- Using your store admin credentials, log on to your BMC AppZone Administration Console (such as ).
As shown in the following illustration, your store URL must be the base URL.
- Click Store in the top menu.
- Find the API token and the shared secret values at the bottom of the window.
To configure the connection properties for BMC MyIT
If you previously configured the BMC AppZone configuration in connect.properties, you must copy the values from the connect.properties file. Otherwise, the integration will not work after upgrading.
- From the BMC MyIT Administration Console, select More -> Configuration.
- Click AppZone.
- Enter values for each of the fields.
The URL should include the preceding HTTP, or HTTPS if you access BMC AppZone over SSL
The URL should also include the port number of your store, if not the standard 80 or 443
The Device URL the value should be the same as URL, followed by
- Click Save.
- Click Enable Features and select either or both of the following settings:
- AppZone - Adds the AppZone tab to the Universal Client.
- AppZone Items in Catalog - Enables adding BMC AppZone items in the Catalog.
To configure BMC MyIT settings in the app store
For more information, see Configuring a BMC MyIT store in the BMC AppZone Online Documentation.
- Log on to your app store.
Click the Store tab and then click the MyIT link.
NoteIf you do not see MyIT under the Store tab, contact Customer Support to have your store enabled for BMC MyIT integration.
Configure the BMC MyIT settings as described in the following table:
Parameter Description MyIT Server Host Host name of the BMC MyIT instance connected to your BMC AppZone store MyIT Server Port Your MyIT server port number MyIT Uses SSL (Optional) Select to specify that your MyIT store will use the HTTPS protocol.
If you do not select the check box, your store will use the HTTP protocol by default.
MyIT Authentication Type
If you select Username, enter your MyIT Admin username and password.
Note: For demoing or testing BMC MyIT, username authentication type will suffice. However, for production deployment, you must configure the integration to use the Token method.
If you select Token, you can get the Token and Secret information from the MyIT connect.properties file, as shown in the following example:
MyIT Tenant ID
(Optional) For multitenant environments, enter your Tenant ID, which you can find by running the following with your BMC MyIT database:
SELECT * FROM MyIT_Business_Schema_Name.USER_DETAILS
Search for your BMC MyIT user logon to find the TENANT_ID value. In the following example, the two users have the same tenant ID:
SRD settings The various service request definition (SRD) settings you see are optional. This option is used only if you have default SRDs for all of your common requests by product type. Prefilling them enables the system to gather some basic information on the user and details of the request, and prepopulates the form when a user tries to request that particular service request. Enable Catalog (Optional) Select this setting to switch BMC AppZone from a mobile catalog to enable the greater catalog, which has the ability to request applications and services rather than just assigning them. Import Users from MyIT Instance (Optional) Click this button only if you need to manage users in BMC AppZone in advance; for example to assign users to groups and add application assignments. Otherwise, users are automatically registered and added to BMC AppZone at their initial logon to the BMC AppZone portion of BMC MyIT. Sync Applications with MyIT Instance (Optional) This feature applies only to an app store that has been in the stand-alone BMC AppZone store for a while. It changes to a BMC MyIT integrated instance. This feature copies all existing BMC AppZone applications to BMC MyIT.
- To save your changes, cick Update.
If BMC AppZone does not appear in the BMC MyIT apps, perform the following checks:
- Ensure that BMC AppZone is enabled in Administration Console > Configuration > Enable Features. For more information, see Changing client functionality options.
- From the universal client or the Apple iOS or Google Android app, log off, clear the cache, and log on again.
Where to go from here
- In BMC AppZone, set up the applications available to BMC MyIT users. For more information, see Managing applications in the BMC AppZone online documentation.
- Enable users to see your app store by enabling the App Store cross launch feature. For more information, see Changing client functionality options.