Uninstalling Smart IT and MyIT
The following procedure describes how to uninstall the file system for BMC Remedy with Smart IT (Smart IT) and BMC MyIT.
To uninstall Smart IT and MyIT
Uninstall the application:
Go to the UninstallBMCSmartIT folder (such as /data1/bmc/Smart_IT_MyIT/UninstallBMCMyIT), and run the uninstall file.
Alternatively, From the Windows Control Panel, select Add or Remove Programs > BMC MyIT and click Remove.
a. Go to the UninstallBMCSmartIT folder (such as C:\Program Files\BMC Software\Smart_IT_MyIT\UninstallBMCSmartIT), and run the uninstall file.
b. Stop the MongoDB service if it is running because uninstalling BMC Remedy with Smart IT and BMC MyIT in a Linux environment does not stop services related to Smart IT-MyIT.
- On the BMC Remedy ITSM server, log on to BMC Remedy Developer Studio, and delete the following:
- MyIT and MyIT Administration forms (all forms prefixed with MyIT)
- CAI:Events2, if any
- MyIT workflows containing the word "social"
You might have to switch to Base Development mode to delete the files. For more information, see new and in the BMC Remedy AR System documentation
Deleting MyIT forms from Developer Studio
- Go to each AR Server and remove references to the MyIT plugin from the ar.cfg and the pluginsrv_conf.xml file.
- Delete the MyIT plugin from the pluginsvr/fnd directory on each AR Server.
- From Oracle or Microsoft SQL, drop the Smart IT database including Openfire chat if you are using it.
Deleting the Smart IT database in SQL
- (If using only Smart IT, this step is not required) If you are using BMC MyIT and a stand-alone MongoDB (not the bundled one), drop the social database that MyIT created from the MongoDB shell, run the dropdatabase command.
For more information about the MongoDB shell and command, see the following MongoDB documentation:
- Verify that the following services have been stopped and removed:
- openfire(only if Smart IT chat feature is installed)
- Verify that the Smart_IT_MyIT directory has been removed. If not, delete it manually.
- Restart the AR Server.