Setting the default service request definitions for BMC MyIT
If you use BMC Service Request Management to process requests and incidents submitted by BMC MyIT users, you must create a series of service request definitions (SRDs) specifically for use with BMC MyIT. You configure SRDs in the BMC Service Request Management Console.
To set the default service request definitions
- From the BMC Administration Console (http://server:port/ux/admin), select the Service Requests tab, and from the Catalog Settings, select Default Service Request.
- From the Default Service Request tab, assign SRDs to three different defaults:
- Default Service Request — Used when creating asset actions and service actions. When you set the action's Type field to Default request, the SRD assigned as the Default Service Request is used. If a default request is set for an asset or service, the user sees the action button in the profile of the service or asset. The user can click the action button to create a request.
- Default Request SRD — Used when a user selects !Request in the Superbox. If appointments are set to create service requests, the Defeaults Request SRD is also used when a user creates an appointment.
- Default Incident SRD — Used when a user selects !Incident in the Superbox. If appointments are set to create incidents, the Defeaults Incident SRD is also used when a user creates an appointment.
SRDs specifically for use with BMC MyIT can contain of any number of fields, and each field may be set with a default value. However, the Superbox simplifies request entry. From the Superbox, when BMC MyIT triggers a SRD, BMC MyIT can populate only one required field. For the Default Request SRD and the Default Incident SRD, only one of the fields in the SRD can be set as a required field.