Performing the Smart IT and BMC MyIT upgrade
Do not use Xming to install the Smart IT and BMC MyIT server, because it might not perform reliably during installation. Instead, use VNC, MobaXterm, or any other client.
- Unzip the suite installer (for example, SmartIT_MyIT1.400.windows.zip or SmartIT_MyIT1.400.Linux.tar.gz).
- Navigate to the Disk 1 folder.
- Start the installer:
- For Windows, run setup.exe.
For UNIX, run setup.bin.
NoteFor UNIX, you must run the installer as root or with super-user permissions. You can then assign administrator permissions to the non-root user during installation.
- On the Welcome panel, click Next.
- Review the license agreement, click I agree to the terms of license agreement, and then click Next.
After you have entered the required information, the installer validates your input.
- BMC recommends that you back up the following databases before performing an upgrade in your production environment:
- BMC Remedy with Smart IT and BMC MyIT database
- BMC Remedy AR System database
In case of upgrade errors related to database schemas or AR System workflow, you can use the backups to restore the databases and resume the upgrade from the last successful step.
Click Next to continue.
- Choose the upgrade option and click Next.
After post-installation cleanup, a summary of the installation appears.
- From the installation summary, review the information and any instructions. For example, if there was a database update failure, you can recover and run the upgrade again if you have a backup of your database and perform the recovery steps:
- Restore the database by using the backup created in step 6.
- View the installation log files to find and correct the cause of failure. For example, review any SEVERE error messages or warnings in the product installer log. See whether errors are due to network, host, or other environment-related issues. You can view a log file of the installation:
- C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\myit_smartit_install_log.txt (Windows)
- /tmp/myit_smartit_install_log.txt (UNIX or Linux)
- Run the installer again. The upgrade will resume from the last successful step.
- Click Done to exit the installer.
Where to go from here
Was this page helpful? Yes No Submitting... Thank you