Installing the Smart IT User Experience patch using silent mode
Before you can run the the Smart IT User Experience patch in silent mode, you must create an options.txt file to identify the options that you want the installer to include in the installation.
To create an options.txt file
- Run an installation on a computer that you want to use as a model for silent installations on other computers.
Use one of the following methods to create the options.txt file:
Make the installer generate an options file based on the current installation.
Add the following option to the command line when you run the installer:
Create an options.txt file from an installation log.
- From an installation log in the Log Viewer, click the tab of the installation run from which you want to generate an options file.
- Select File > Save As.
- From the Save As Type list, select Project Options File.
- Enter a file name, and click OK.
Example options.txt file
The following example shows an options.txt file that is used to run the installer in silent mode:
-J BMC_USER_INSTALL_DIRECTORY= -J BMC_AR_USER=Demo -J BMC_AR_PASSWORD= -J BMC_AR_SERVER_NAME= -J BMC_AR_PORT= -J REMOVE_LEADING_ZEROES= #Leave the following parameters as is -J BMC_ENABLE_JAVA_IMPORT=true -J RESTART_ITSM_LATER=false
Running the installer in silent mode
Before you begin
Before running the silent installer, you must create an Options.txt file. An example SmartIT_MyIT-ini-template.txt file contains all of the options you can place in the Options.txt file.
To run the installer in silent mode
- Create an options.txt file that contains the options for the installer:
- Create an options.txt file from an example options.txt file.
Edit the options accordingly, ensuring that you include the appropriate option:
As you edit the options.txt file, apply the following guidelines:
- Add the comment (#) markers to ignore the parameter.
- In UNIX environments, ensure that no Ctrl+M characters appear in the options.txt file.
- Run the installer with the
setup.exe -i silent -DOPTIONS_FILE=c:\path\to\options.txt
./setup.bin -i silent -DOPTIONS_FILE=/path/to/options.txt