This section contains information about enhancements in version 3.0.00 of the BMC MyIT product.
For information about issues corrected in this release, see.
Integration with BMC MyIT Service Broker
BMC MyIT Service Broker is available for an additional purchase. BMC MyIT Service Broker 3.0 documentation is available here.
Self-service users continue to access the catalog from BMC MyIT. The catalog can include new sections and items that you make available from BMC MyIT Service Broker. In addition, the following enhancements are available:
- A shopping cart helps self-service users to shop for multiple items that come from BMC MyIT Service Broker.
- Self-service users can rate and review items that come from BMC MyIT Service Broker.
Unified Catalog enhancements
BMC MyIT 3.0.00 includes the following enhancements to the Unified Catalog:
- An administrator can set up new sections in the Unified Catalog. These sections can include items from BMC MyIT Service Broker and other sources such as how-tos, quick links, and virtual machines. An administrator can configure the look and feel of these sections; for example, selecting how many items to display, the order of the items, and the size of the tombstone image that represents the catalog item. For more information, see Setting up sections in the Unified Catalog. As with previous releases, virtual machines are displayed only on the Universal Client; however, other item types in the section are displayed on all clients.
- An administrator can configure whether to display the BMC AppZone section within the Unified Catalog.
BMC MyIT 3.0.00 includes the following installation enhancements:
- You can now perform an upgrade with integration to BMC Remedy Single Sign-On.
- The multitenancy utility is now installed by the installer.
- If you are using BMC MyIT OnDemand, you can now run an agent installer to integrate with local applications such as a locally installed instance of BMC Remedy IT Service Management.
BMC MyIT 3.0.00 includes the following notification enhancements:
- Users are notified when their requests are approved and when the status of their request changes.
- Push notifications now include links.
- Change approvers receive notifications for change approval requests.
BMC MyIT 3.0.00 includes the following additional enhancements:
- The My Stuff tab lists the services that the self-service user is following and displays the health of these services. This tab also displays the self-service user's requested items that come from BMC MyIT Service Broker. You can rebrand the My Stuff tab.
- Self-service users can add comments when reopening a request.
- Quantity, price, and resolution data from service request definitions (SRDs) are supported.
- Help in the MyIT Administration Console is now context-sensitive. When you click the Help link from the MyIT Administration Console, an appropriate page from the online documentation opens.
Data migration enhancements
With BMC MyIT 3.0.00, you can now migrate more BMC MyIT configuration data between environments.