Creating service request definitions for BMC MyIT
If you use BMC Service Request Management to process requests and incidents submitted by BMC MyIT users, you must create a series of service request definitions (SRDs) specifically for use with BMC MyIT. You configure SRDs in the BMC Service Request Management Console.
Setting the default service requests
- From the BMC Administration Console (http://server:port/ux/admin), select the Service Requests tab, and from the Unified Catalog Settings, select Default Service Request.
- From the Default Service Request tab, assign SRDs to three different defaults:
- Default Service Request — Used when creating asset actions and service actions. When you set the action's Type field to Default request, the SRD assigned as the Default Service Request is used. If a default request is set for an asset or service, the user sees a plus symbol (+) in the profile of the service or asset. The user can click the plus symbol to create a request.
- Default Request SRD — Used when a user selects !Request in the Superbox.
- Default Incident SRD — Used when a user selects !Incident in the Superbox.
SRDs specifically for use with BMC MyIT can contain of any number of fields, and each field may be set with a default value. However, the Superbox simplifies request entry. From the Superbox, when BMC MyIT triggers a SRD, BMC MyIT can populate only one required field. For the Default Request SRD and the Default Incident SRD, only one of the fields in the SRD can be set as a required field. BMC recommends you set the Description field as the required field. If the SRD contains more than one required field, the request will fail.